Chromecast Most Popular Streaming Device in 2014 With 10 Million Sales And 1 Billion 'Casts'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBetzNY

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
You know, the Roku's YouTube app and Amazon's Fire TV and Stick also support the ChromeCast protocol. I cast to both of them from my Android and ChromeOS devices.

Is this really 1 billion casts to ChromeCast, or 1 billion uses of the ChromeCast protocol?

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Nice to see streaming picking up - now, let's get full on device streaming, stable, lagless, supported, and popular. The fewer wires in my setup, the better.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I picked up the Amazon Fire Stick when it was on sale for $20 for Prime Members. Gotta tell ya, that was a great way to spend that $20. Brilliant little thing.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I love my Chromecast, honestly I only user it to stream youtube because it does it without commercials. I can queue up a whole 20 part of Lets Play totaling 20 hours and not a single ad popup or commercial.

Streaming Plex to it was icing on the cake.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Took the chance on one last year. Figured $35, why not? My wife and roommate use it non stop to cast their Taiwanese shows on the big TV. Once they added Plex support to it, I started to use it constantly as well. Best $35 I've spent.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I have both the Chromecast and Amazon Fire Stick at home but was definitely amazed by what that $20 Fire Stick could do. The faster response from the Amazon Fire Stick with the remote control is easier to use for NetFlix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and other streaming apps without the need of your cellphone or tablet.

carlos serrano

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
I have all three Chromecast, roku stick and the Amazon, they all have their pros and cons, in opinion roku is the best, the reason Chromecast and the fire stick don't do a good job when use hulu, I know hulu is only available in the USA but I hate the time it takes to load commercial when watching Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.