Question (Chromium) browsers, Discord and Steam pages slow loading/connecting

Jul 9, 2024
My pc specs here (Mainboard: B550M DS3H Gigabyte).

My internet speed is doing great, low latency, 0 packet loss, 236mbps download and upload as you can see here. I'm using (as always) my ethernet cable (rj45, 1000mbps).

The issue is: Suddenly my browsers (especifically the cromium ones, like Brave, Edge, Opera GX, Chrome) started running slow, almost everytime i try to open a website it takes some good seconds that never used to. The same happens when I try to connect to any channel on Discord servers, it takes a while "Connecting" until finally connects. On the steam app, if I try to open any page of the Steam Store also some secs waiting for it, something that never happened before.

I tried to:
  • Disable hardware accel
  • Disable Ipv6
  • Turn off "Automatically detect settings" on "Network & Internet" -> "Proxy"
  • Update my drivers (all up-to-date)
  • Changed to Google DNS and to Open DNS (you can see here both working well),.
  • Resetting network (in Settings, Network & Internet)
  • Clear browser cache
  • Removed the plugins and add-ons
  • Uninstall and install
Nothing worked.
As palliative, I'm using Firefox which is doing great as everything was before.

My memory is working fine, I can play some games like RD2 and it works pretty well as always worked. I opened some tabs on Firefox, Brave and my Discord to make this screenshot so u can see: here. I don't use 3rd party antivirus, neither AdBlock extensions.

Thanks to everyone trying to help!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2024
did you use driver booster before or got slow as well?
any plugins or add ons installed in chrome?
are you using a 3rd party antivirus software?
- I didn't use drive booster before
- I've already removed the plugins and add-ons and it's still with the issue.
- No, I'm not using a 3rd party antivirus.

kanewolf

Titan
My pc specs here.
My internet speed is doing great, low latency, 0 packet loss, 236mbps download and upload as you can see here. I'm using (as always) my ethernet cable (rj45, 1000mbps).

The issue is: Suddenly my browsers (especifically the cromium ones, like Brave, Edge, Opera GX, Chrome) started running slow, almost everytime i try to open a website it takes some good seconds (that never used) to. The same happens when I try to connect in any channel on Discord servers, it takes a while "Connecting" until finally does. On the steam app, if I try to open any page of the Steam Store also some secs waiting for it, something that have never happened before.

I tried to:
  • Disable hardware accel
  • Disable Ipv6
  • Turn off "Automatically detect settings" on "Network & Internet" -> "Proxy"
Nothing worked.
As palliative, I'm using Firefox which is doing great as everything was before.

My memory is working fine, I can play some games like RD2 and it works pretty well as always worked. I opened some tabs on Firefox, Brave and my Discord to make this screenshot so u can see: here.

All my drivers are up-to-date (I've checked using Driver Booster and NVIDIA app for my GPU).

I'll be very thankfull if someone helps me!
First suggestion would be to change the DNS to Google DNS.

Jul 9, 2024
So you have a VPN, and virtual box. Is your traffic going through the VPN? Originating the virtual box ?
My traffic is going through "Ethernet Adapter Ethernet", described as "Realtek Controller".

The VPN is only used for some Job tasks, so it ain't activated all the time, neither controls my traffic. The Virtual Box is for study purposes.

kanewolf

Titan
My traffic is going through "Ethernet Adapter Ethernet", described as "Realtek Controller".

The VPN is only used for some Job tasks, so it ain't activated all the time, neither controls my traffic. The Virtual Box is for study purposes.
There is nothing unusual about your network configuration to explain any performance issues.
Could you have some other issue, like low RAM ?

Jul 9, 2024
There is nothing unusual about your network configuration to explain any performance issues.
Could you have some other issue, like low RAM ?
Open Developer tools (CTRL+SHIFT+I) in Chrome based browsers and click Network tab and look at Time column, see if you can find some network issues from some sites (slow download).
Friends, first of all I wanna thank u for all help, u guys were awesome! So, I got a restore point from last week and this saved me. Unfortunately I'll still dunno why that was happenning, but at least my problem was solved using the restore point!

Wish u the best!