Cingular BBB record

"H.C." <Invalid@replyviausenet.net> wrote in message news:<O86dnc4CsbH_6RPd4p2dnA@comcast.com>...
> Don't mean to sound like a troll, but I wanted to share this info with the
> group: http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=1608

Which goes to show why the BBB is often full of (insert favorite term
for fecal matter here.)

The web page says Cingular's record is "unsatisfactory... due to
unanswered complaints" then goes into detail explaining that of 1411
complaints in 36 months, they failed to answer to FIVE of them! Of
the other 1406, guess how many were either resolved or Cingular made a
"good faith effort" to resolve. You guessed it- 1406.

So while Cingular, a company with MILLIONS of customers, resolves or
attempts to resolve 99.65% of the relatively few complaints
(considering their size) the BBB rates them "unsatisfactory" for the
five unanswered complaints that slipped through the cracks. Nice job
BBB!

In article <de37a2e0.0404282125.6e495cab@posting.google.com>,
elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

> "H.C." <Invalid@replyviausenet.net> wrote in message
> > Don't mean to sound like a troll, but I wanted to share this info with the
> > group: http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=1608
>
> Which goes to show why the BBB is often full of (insert favorite term
> for fecal matter here.)
>
> The web page says Cingular's record is "unsatisfactory... due to
> unanswered complaints" then goes into detail explaining that of 1411
> complaints in 36 months, they failed to answer to FIVE of them! Of
> the other 1406, guess how many were either resolved or Cingular made a
> "good faith effort" to resolve. You guessed it- 1406.

Guess you never dealt with BBB.

Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.

One can also view a company by how many complaints get to the BBB;
if the company is customer friendly very few should.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> Guess you never dealt with BBB.

Guess you've never dealt with them, either. See below.

> Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.

Wrong- Cingular would provide documentation to the BBB either showing the
complaint was unwarranted, or that the situation has been resolved. THe
company does not determine good faith effort- the BBB does.

> One can also view a company by how many complaints get to the BBB;
> if the company is customer friendly very few should.

This would be true if the following types of complaints weren't included.
The BBB does not screen complaints, so everything gets through. The
following are a few of my favorites from the days when I handled BBB
complaints for a cellular company, and I swear that each one of them is
genuine:

- Customer wanted reimbursement for $150.00 in NSF fees, because "the check
cleared too quick".

- Customer complained because she couldn't get a sale price 2 days later.
Her rationale- she was on vacation during the sale.

- Customer was irate that the cell phone he threw out his 6th story hotel
room wouldn't be replaced. It wasn't his fault it landed in the pool.

- Customer complained about service quality. It seems he couldn't get any
signal while exploring caves.

- Customer was demanding attorney's fees for her recent criminal case. The
company discovered she was using a fraudulent credit card to pay her bill.
She was being prosecuted for it, and in her mind, it was the cellular
companies fault.

- Customer insisted on a $2500 credit for the 1-900 calls that appeared on
her bill. According to her, her 16 year old son got a hold of the phone and
made the calls, but she shouldn't be responsible for them.

- Customer insisted that there was a phone on his business account that
didn't belong to him and was racking up $1000 a month in charges. He was
demanding over $5000 in credit. Research showed that the phone had been
active and on the account for over two years, and 80% of the calls made on
the phone were to either other phones on the account, the business landline
number and the guy's home phone. It finally came to light that the extra
charges were calls to a long distance number that his wife recognized when
reviewing the bill. It was his ex-girlfriend.

Care to explain to me how any of this was the company's fault, and how these
could be included in an accurate count of true complaints?

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> One can also view a company by how many complaints get to the BBB;
> if the company is customer friendly very few should.

Then, based on the 1306 Cingular has acquired (whether valid or not), and
the fact that they have served over 20 million customers (past and present),
that would mean that they have a BBB satisfaction rating of 99.99347%.
Sounds pretty good to me.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-E225C9.05401029042004@news04.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <de37a2e0.0404282125.6e495cab@posting.google.com>,
> elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:
>
> > "H.C." <Invalid@replyviausenet.net> wrote in message
> > > Don't mean to sound like a troll, but I wanted to share this info with the
> > > group: http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=1608
> >
> > Which goes to show why the BBB is often full of (insert favorite term
> > for fecal matter here.)
> >
> > The web page says Cingular's record is "unsatisfactory... due to
> > unanswered complaints" then goes into detail explaining that of 1411
> > complaints in 36 months, they failed to answer to FIVE of them! Of
> > the other 1406, guess how many were either resolved or Cingular made a
> > "good faith effort" to resolve. You guessed it- 1406.
>
> Guess you never dealt with BBB.

I've never had to- particularly with Cingular. In my 10 years as a
Cingular customer, every issue I had with them was resolved to my
satisfaction without whining to a third party.

> Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.

Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.

> One can also view a company by how many complaints get to the BBB;
> if the company is customer friendly very few should.

My point was that very few did. 1400 complaints over 36 months for a
company with how many customers? 15 million? Not bad.

I was a Cingular dealer for about four years. Customers would scream
if their phone lost service in a lead-lined room three miles
underground.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-

> Guess you never dealt with BBB.
>
> Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.

You are either mis-informed, or willfully misrepresenting. The BBB sends
you a form letter if ANYONE files ANY complain against you. If the BBB
thinks you made a good faith effort to resolve they will say so, but it is
NOT the company who decides, it is the BBB. It's their list, after all.
How many letters have you had to answer? I have had about four in
twelve years of managing retail, so I think I am somewhat informed
on this subject.

Bernard

In article <de37a2e0.0404291823.6dda1977@posting.google.com>,
elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

> > Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.
>
> Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.

According to Cingular.

In article <de37a2e0.0404291823.6dda1977@posting.google.com>,
elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

> My point was that very few did. 1400 complaints over 36 months for a
> company with how many customers? 15 million? Not bad.

Ahem There are not 15 miilion Cingular customers in Atlanta, thank you.

And only a small percentage of complaints are soooo bad they get sent to
the BBB.

In article <54hkc.113007$L31.28375@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
>
> > Guess you never dealt with BBB.
> >
> > Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort? Cingular.
> >
> You are either mis-informed, or willfully misrepresenting. The BBB sends
> you a form letter if ANYONE files ANY complain against you. If the BBB
> thinks you made a good faith effort to resolve they will say so,

And they go by what Cingular said, thank you very little.

Guess who pays for the BBB. Not customers. Cingular pays.

> In article <54hkc.113007$L31.28375@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:
>

> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> >
> > > Guess you never dealt with BBB.
> > >
> > > Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort?
Cingular.

> > You are either mis-informed, or willfully misrepresenting. The BBB sends
> > you a form letter if ANYONE files ANY complain against you. If the BBB
> > thinks you made a good faith effort to resolve they will say so,
>

> And they go by what Cingular said, thank you very little.

Are you aware of your mis-information? Or do you really believe it?
The BBB sends you a form letter with the complaint, you make an effort
to make the complainant happy, if they said you promised free oil, and you
say no we didn't, it was a rebate, BBB decides if this was a reasonable
thing for the complainant to think, and if you were trying to screw them.

They keep the list of resolved and unresolved complaints, so please tell
me the actual mechanism that someone would use to get a complaint
listed as resolved, if the BBB did not think you resolved it?

> In article <de37a2e0.0404291823.6dda1977@posting.google.com>,
> elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:
>
> > > Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort?
Cingular.

> > Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.
>
> According to Cingular.

No, Idiot, according to the BBB.

Why don't you ASK the BBB how it works,
that way you would hear it from someone
credible. Or do you prefer to post B.S. ?

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <de37a2e0.0404291823.6dda1977@posting.google.com>,
> elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:
>
> > > Guess who decides whether Cingular made a good faith effort?
Cingular.

> > Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.
>
> According to Cingular.

Try this, I assume your reading comprehension is up
to the task, or make a phone call, if you need it spelled
out for you.

http://www.dr.bbb.org/ComSenseAlt/MedRules.asp

In article <dswkc.122052$L31.75030@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> Are you aware of your mis-information? Or do you really believe it?
> The BBB sends you a form letter with the complaint, you make an effort
> to make the complainant happy, if they said you promised free oil, and you
> say no we didn't, it was a rebate, BBB decides if this was a reasonable
> thing for the complainant to think, and if you were trying to screw them.

Fine, but in the final analysis, at the end of the day, BBB will
**ALWAYS** come down on the side of who pays their bills in case of a
disagreemeent that there could be any chance of disagreement.

Cingular pays BBB, Customers don't. The BBB works for Cingular.

In article <5Bwkc.122133$L31.11740@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> Cingular.
> > >
> > > Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.
> >
> > According to Cingular.
>
> Try this, I assume your reading comprehension is up
> to the task, or make a phone call, if you need it spelled
> out for you.
>
> http://www.dr.bbb.org/ComSenseAlt/MedRules.asp

I have had complaints, and when I said it wasn't resolved and the
company said it was, BBB ruled IT WAS RESOLVED,

Rules mean squat. Its how their procedures work that counts.

Or are you so nieve to believe the BBB is in your corner?

> In article <5Bwkc.122133$L31.11740@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:
>

> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> > Cingular.

> > > According to Cingular.
> >
> > Try this, I assume your reading comprehension is up
> > to the task, or make a phone call, if you need it spelled
> > out for you.
> >
> > http://www.dr.bbb.org/ComSenseAlt/MedRules.asp
>
> I have had complaints, and when I said it wasn't resolved and the
> company said it was, BBB ruled IT WAS RESOLVED,

If your complaints were of the same quality as your posts and rants in the
various newsgroups, there probably wasn't an issue to begin with. You are
famous for your penchant to fabricate where no issue exists.

> Rules mean squat. Its how their procedures work that counts.

Uh-oh..... I smell another Robert M conspiracy theory brewing.

> Or are you so nieve to believe the BBB is in your corner?

Having worked with them, and having them request further information when a
proposed resolution was insufficient for them, I'll go with the BBB over
you.

In article <stwkc.122063$L31.92637@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> Cingular.
> > >
> > > Over 70% of the complaints were resolved.
> >
> > According to Cingular.
>
> No, Idiot, according to the BBB.

Proven wrong, so start with the Insults.

Again 100% of the time if the company says its resolved and the consumer
says it wasn't BBB WILL CLOSE THE CASE.

> In article <stwkc.122063$L31.92637@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:
>

> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> > Cingular.

> > > According to Cingular.
> >
> > No, Idiot, according to the BBB.
>
> Proven wrong, so start with the Insults.

Did I miss something? I don't proof of anything.

> Again 100% of the time if the company says its resolved and the consumer
> says it wasn't BBB WILL CLOSE THE CASE.

Got a URL for that?

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> Fine, but in the final analysis, at the end of the day, BBB will
> **ALWAYS** come down on the side of who pays their bills in case of a
> disagreemeent that there could be any chance of disagreement.
>
> Cingular pays BBB, Customers don't. The BBB works for Cingular.

So you are saying Cingular, and all other companies have perfect
records with the BBB all complaints resolved?

In article <GtFkc.126310$L31.97489@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> > Fine, but in the final analysis, at the end of the day, BBB will
> > **ALWAYS** come down on the side of who pays their bills in case of a
> > disagreemeent that there could be any chance of disagreement.
> >
> > Cingular pays BBB, Customers don't. The BBB works for Cingular.
>
> So you are saying Cingular, and all other companies have perfect
> records with the BBB all complaints resolved?

No, I am saying that The BBB has zero teeth, and can't be believed.

> In article <GtFkc.126310$L31.97489@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:
>

> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> > > Fine, but in the final analysis, at the end of the day, BBB will
> > > **ALWAYS** come down on the side of who pays their bills in case of a
> > > disagreemeent that there could be any chance of disagreement.
> > >
> > > Cingular pays BBB, Customers don't. The BBB works for Cingular.
> >
> > So you are saying Cingular, and all other companies have perfect
> > records with the BBB all complaints resolved?
>
> No, I am saying that The BBB has zero teeth, and can't be believed.

Using your very flawed logic, that would make any trade organization
unbelievable. Sorry- that's not the way it works.

In article <GtFkc.126310$L31.97489@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bfarquart@notmyemail.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> > Fine, but in the final analysis, at the end of the day, BBB will
> > **ALWAYS** come down on the side of who pays their bills in case of a
> > disagreemeent that there could be any chance of disagreement.
> >
> > Cingular pays BBB, Customers don't. The BBB works for Cingular.
>
> So you are saying Cingular, and all other companies have perfect
> records with the BBB all complaints resolved?

I am saying that the BBB is hardly totally impartial, and the HIGH
relative number of complaints it received about Cingular in Atlanta,
needs to be considered, regardless of whether the BBB later (fairly or
unfairly) marks it resolved.

"Resolution" can not be taken at face value where the BBB is considered.

> In article <de37a2e0.0404291823.6dda1977@posting.google.com>,
> elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:
>
> > My point was that very few did. 1400 complaints over 36 months for a
> > company with how many customers? 15 million? Not bad.
>
> Ahem There are not 15 miilion Cingular customers in Atlanta, thank you.

The complaints aren't all from Atlanta, troll boy, the BBB lists companies
by their corporate HQ, which, in this case happens to be in Atlanta, thank
YOU.

> And only a small percentage of complaints are soooo bad they get sent to
> the BBB.

Bull- anybody can complain to the BBB about virtually anything.

Most REASONABLE people would probably only complain about something
grievous, but anything can be complained about. You, of all people, should
know than anybody can complain about anything.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-
> I am saying that the BBB is hardly totally impartial, and the HIGH
> relative number of complaints it received about Cingular in Atlanta,
> needs to be considered, regardless of whether the BBB later (fairly or
> unfairly) marks it resolved.
>
> "Resolution" can not be taken at face value where the BBB is considered.

Perhaps that is what you ARE saying NOW, but what I
disagreed with was when you WERE saying that Cingular
gets to decide if the issue is resolved.

Flat-out not true.