Can anyone guide me whether buying a used Cisco 7940 is worth it. There are
no manuals it is the ones they used in their shops, but due to them
undergoing administration. they are selling all their office fitures too.

What is the everage price?

Sidkney

SidKnee wrote:
> Can anyone guide me whether buying a used Cisco 7940 is worth it. There are
> no manuals it is the ones they used in their shops, but due to them
> undergoing administration. they are selling all their office fitures too.
>
> What is the everage price?

You may have to convert the phone from SCCP mode to SIP mode.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/handset_to_sip.html

You will need to download firmware and config files, for which you will
need a CCO login. You will also need to run a TFTP server.

I think its too much hassle unless you get it really cheap ~US$50

They are worth it to me. Let me know if you don't decide to buy them,
and I'll make an offer!

JDB

> I think its too much hassle unless you get it really cheap ~US$50

So what's a better alternative if you want a phone that has the sort of LCD
and button features of the Cisco?