News Cisco Destroyed $23.5 Million Worth of Equipment During Russia Exit

wbfox

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
Call me a cynic, but date stamped independently verified video and full return shipment of the destroyed gear in compacted cube form or it didn't happen. And even if it did happen, Cisco set value for gear is probably only mostly slightly inflated, mostly. I'm not saying all the switches happened to be fully kitted out with every license and software key you can buy....I'm just assuming that's how they got valued.

Reactions: bit_user
Call me a cynic, but date stamped independently verified video and full return shipment of the destroyed gear in compacted cube form or it didn't happen. And even if it did happen, Cisco set value for gear is probably only mostly slightly inflated, mostly. I'm not saying all the switches happened to be fully kitted out with every license and software key you can buy....I'm just assuming that's how they got valued.

In regards to exporting products to Russia the Russian sanctions only stipulate that companies such as Cisco are not permitted to export cutting-edge technology (e.g. quantum computers and advanced semiconductors, electronic components and software) to Russia.

Surprisingly, according to,
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...ine/sanctions-against-russia-explained/#trade
There doesn't appear to be any law of exporting cutting-edge technology aka Cisco's Stuff from Russia to other countries.

Given enough time Cisco could have put their stuff on a plane and sent it back to a nearby friendly country thereby avoiding at least some part of the write off.

We can only assume Cisco thought there wasn't enough time for that, much less hiring a Compression Crew, Film Crew, and all the other crews needed and flying them into Russia, the flying being risky in and of itself, for the "Compact All Of Our Stuff Into A Giant Cube To Present To The World How Ethical We Are" program.

For all Cisco knew Putin could have came in himself and taken control of the buildings and confiscated everything.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS