City of Heroes Guide

hero

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Anyone got an electronnic version of this they could post? The books is out of date witht the currrent version.

<hero@paragoncity.net> wrote in message
> Anyone got an electronnic version of this they could post? The books is
> out of date witht the currrent version.

I know many people are requesting COH reviews lately. What better way then
to follow up one of my past posts? You can thank me later.

What I do know is that I find myself compelled to log in every night and
play, play, play, because my wife and I are having a great time. We are both
level 17 with our current Heroes (we re-rolled after taking previous Heroes
to 20) and mostly duo together, roaming the streets in seach of bad guys to
kill and missions for our contacts. We played a mission last night that
introduced us to a new map I'd never seen. We were winding our way through
this deep, three-story office complex, taking elevators to three separate
fighting areas, twisting and turning around corners and ambushes that kept
us white-knuckled throughout. We had to save 7 hostages and free them, and
this required locating them hidden away in all kinds of odd places and
taking out the guards (some of whom were wired with self-explosives). It was
outrageously fun and required all of our best tactics to stay alive. As a
Controller and Defender, we don't have a lot of damage dealing to our
credit, and we were fighting the Tsoo, probably the most difficult mobs to
fight at our level, and the battles were furious and fun. We failed the
mission with 1 hostage to go :( but wow, what a fun experience. In the end,
we didn't feel cheated, we felt disappointed! We let our contact down. :(
Tonight we go back and take on the next mission from this contact and
hopefully will redeem ourselves.

--

Bob Perez

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
quit playing."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

nostromo

Thus spake "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE>, Sun, 6
Mar 2005 17:24:56 -0600, Anno Domini:

><hero@paragoncity.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone got an electronnic version of this they could post? The books is
>> out of date witht the currrent version.
>
>I know many people are requesting COH reviews lately. What better way then
>to follow up one of my past posts? You can thank me later.
>
>What I do know is that I find myself compelled to log in every night and
>play, play, play, because my wife and I are having a great time. We are both
>level 17 with our current Heroes (we re-rolled after taking previous Heroes
>to 20) and mostly duo together, roaming the streets in seach of bad guys to
>kill and missions for our contacts. We played a mission last night that
>introduced us to a new map I'd never seen. We were winding our way through
>this deep, three-story office complex, taking elevators to three separate
>fighting areas, twisting and turning around corners and ambushes that kept
>us white-knuckled throughout. We had to save 7 hostages and free them, and
>this required locating them hidden away in all kinds of odd places and
>taking out the guards (some of whom were wired with self-explosives). It was
>outrageously fun and required all of our best tactics to stay alive. As a
>Controller and Defender, we don't have a lot of damage dealing to our
>credit, and we were fighting the Tsoo, probably the most difficult mobs to
>fight at our level, and the battles were furious and fun. We failed the
>mission with 1 hostage to go :( but wow, what a fun experience. In the end,
>we didn't feel cheated, we felt disappointed! We let our contact down. :(
>Tonight we go back and take on the next mission from this contact and
>hopefully will redeem ourselves.

Yeah, but was the office layout unique? Did you get ambushed?

*duck* :)

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:21:24 +1100, Nostromo wrote:

<snip>
> Yeah, but was the office layout unique? Did you get ambushed?
>
> *duck* :)
Reg? Here trollie trollie trollie.....

--
RJB
3/8/2005 8:57:34 AM

In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, zits, broccoli, racism,
ozone depletion, sexism, stupid guys, and PMS, why the hell do people still
tell me to have a nice day?
--Unknown

Don't know, I played so many chars that I never got to 40 (would have
by now, but left a few months ago when EQ2 started, cause my guild was
there, but I'm planning on going back oh yeah)

<wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> the best MMORPG ever, period

I aree.

After re-reading my review. I am surprised I quit this game so early.

How is the end game post 50 level?

Bob Perez wrote:
> <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> the best MMORPG ever, period
>
> I aree.
>
> After re-reading my review. I am surprised I quit this game so early.
>
> How is the end game post 50 level?

I will say one thing about CoH--of my three MMO experiences, along with EQ2
and WoW, I experienced in it by far the least amount of the griefing
behavior I so despise. Of course, that could be simply due to so much of
the game taking place in instances, rather than in the wide open, but still,
it's a plus.

--
chainbreaker

Bob Perez <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote:
>How is the end game post 50 level?

There is no post level 50 end game. You can finish off your missions,
help other people out, do the Hamidon trial or any other task force or
trial you hadn't already done, or create a new character using one of
the two new alien archetypes.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I will say one thing about CoH--of my three MMO experiences, along with
> EQ2 and WoW, I experienced in it by far the least amount of the griefing
> behavior I so despise.

There are several reasons why.

-No pvp or dueling..yet
-Minimal loot to fight over. It is nothing more then DO or SO enhancers.
-Instanced Missions

nostromo

Thus spake "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:49:47
-0500, Anno Domini:

>Bob Perez wrote:
>> <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> the best MMORPG ever, period
>>
>> I aree.
>>
>> After re-reading my review. I am surprised I quit this game so early.
>>
>> How is the end game post 50 level?
>
>I will say one thing about CoH--of my three MMO experiences, along with EQ2
>and WoW, I experienced in it by far the least amount of the griefing
>behavior I so despise. Of course, that could be simply due to so much of
>the game taking place in instances, rather than in the wide open, but still,
>it's a plus.

And there's no PvP....yet :)

Come give UO a try again CB (Xocyll is trying to get onto the Shadowcove II
server with me) - http://www.player-realms.com/ - no PvP & quite a different
UO stat/skill system - nice ppl, easy going gaming. Ok, the game is a bit
retro, but you get past that after a couple hours - honest! ;-)

nostromo

Thus spake "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE>, Tue, 15
Mar 2005 03:35:42 -0600, Anno Domini:

>"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I will say one thing about CoH--of my three MMO experiences, along with
>> EQ2 and WoW, I experienced in it by far the least amount of the griefing
>> behavior I so despise.
>
>There are several reasons why.
>
>-No pvp or dueling..yet
>-Minimal loot to fight over. It is nothing more then DO or SO enhancers.
>-Instanced Missions

So basically, simple, elegant design beats over-complicated
phat-l00t-l33t-boy game design any day, is what yer sayin Bob? Cool.