Question Civilization 6 Game Freeze

Dec 14, 2019
I'm having this issue in Civ 6 where every time I perform some sort of action (i.e open a menu, order a unit to do something, etc) I experience a freeze for a few seconds and then the game just runs normally afterward until I do something else. Moreover, my game takes substantially longer to load than my friend despite having a stronger PC. We'll be loading into a new game and he'll already be making his first move a full minute or to before I even enter the game.

I've tried all the fixes that I could. Reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, making sure my video and audio drivers are up to date, verifying game files (after I boot up the game and verify them again, 3 files need to be validated, although I've heard this is normal), Reinstalling DirectX, Reinstalling Vcredist (was able to do so in the 2012 folder, but not the 2015 folder because of an error saying that I already had another version of it installed), running game as administrator, and performing a System File Checker.

If anyone knows a fix or had a similar experience I'd be really grateful. I really want to play this game with my friends but its too annoying to play with these constant freezes.

TRENDING THREADS