Question CKDsk error code 766f6c756d652e63 470 to my external disk, what does it mean ?

Apr 5, 2020
Hello.

Recently I have noticed files that I copied just recently to my external disk can't be copied back to my PC, but the old files on it can be copied on normally, and this doesn't affect copying files to the disk, but copying from it, and just recent files, so there's a problem in reading from some sectors I believe

I decided to run CHKDSK with commands r, f and x. It lasted more than 24 hours (the disk is 2 TB), it gave me messages in stage 4 saying "Windows replaced Bad clusters in files of name" and all these files were the ones I had problem with.

Finally after file verification of stage 4 was done it gave this unspecified error code 766f6c756d652e63 470 and didn't enter stage 5.

My question is does this prove it has a bad sector ? Did the windows save the files on it by this "Replaced bad clusters" message ? What does this error code actually mean ?

Finally, I haven't used this disk ever since this CHKDSK. Can this bad sector spread while not using it ? I want to preserve it as much as possible up till I can buy a new hard disk.

Thanks in advance for any upcoming replies!