Clacking sound computer wont turn on

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello everybody. Since recent times, my computer wont start properly. It would throw me to select either which disk to load from, or reset the bios to defaults. So I did, yesterday. (While the OS was updating, upon restart, and since then, the computer wont turn on anymore.)

Yesterday, I was updating Windows to this upcoming update, which is already available. But the computer started to make some clicking sounds after restart. I first thought it was a hard drive, so I disconnected all cords to the main hdd, then to secondary. Clicking sound was still there. Then I listened where the sound may be coming from, and thought it was a gpu. Disconnected it, no luck. The sound comes from either mobo, lower left corner, where the HD audio cable connects, or psu. I don't have good equipment to test neither, and breadboarding with my h80i...

So, what I'm interested in is, are there some easy tests to check if it's a PSU or mobo? I haven't tried removing memory, but... don't see a point.

I5 4690k
Ga-z97x-sli
G.skill sniper 1866
Antec 750w platinum
Corsair H80i

OC to 4 ghz, been stable for more than a year.
If I missed something, please let me know.

One more thing that seemed to be suspicious, is that the fonts on the update screen and screen resolution, changed.