Clarifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought the ASUS XONAR DG soundcard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&Tpk=asus%20xonar%20dg). I thought I could use it with my computer assuming I had PCI, but when I opened my computer up I found a port but it didn't match the card. Is this PCI and can I use it with the soundcard. Sorry for bad quality, I used my iPod Touch.

G

Then what's the point of having more spaces between the part of the chip that plugs into the PCI slot than the little bridges the PCI slot actually has? I tried putting it in but I couldn't get it in the slot and I didn't want to break it so I stopped trying. This is the first time I've actually messed around in the innards so excuse my incompetence, do you think it'd be easier for me just to go to a computer repair place where they actually know what they're doing?

G

Yup! It works beautifully! I ran into a little bit of trouble at first because the card wasn't detected so I took it out and put it back in again and it worked! Now another question! My family bought some cheap 2.1 speakers which I plug in the back of the sound card. Coincidentally that's the same plug my awesome headphones (ATH-A700) go in. The speakers have a little volume control thingy which you can plug your headphones into. By doing this would the sound only be 2.1? To get 5.1 would I have to unplug the speakers and plug my headphones in instead? If you can't answer that I understand :p

G

So I'd just unplug the speakers and plug my headphones instead (I think) to get surround sound! Thanks a lot man, awesome help. Thanks for guiding oh incompetent me through this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.