Mac

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

I started getting this error last night after updating a driver for my BT
keyboard! I tried xp restore (went back a week) but that did not help!

The error occurs when doing different things! For example, when I right
click on a file and then highlight "send to" I get "class not registered"
with "explorer" on top of the error window. When working on any software and
try to open files or expand menus I get the same thing! This has crippled
the OS and I hope to get some help from you.

Thanks in advance!

Mac

Malke

mac wrote:

> Anything I can do? Please, anything short of a clean install of XP?
> Thank you!
>

> "mac" <Saranot1976@BADhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started getting this error last night after updating a driver for
>> my BT keyboard! I tried xp restore (went back a week) but that did
>> not help!
>>
>> The error occurs when doing different things! For example, when I
>> right click on a file and then highlight "send to" I get "class not
>> registered" with "explorer" on top of the error window. When working
>> on any software and try to open files or expand menus I get the same
>> thing! This has crippled the OS and I hope to get some help from you.

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode and try and roll back the BT driver.
As the computer is starting up, repeatedly tap the F8 key to get into
Safe Mode. This will get you to the right menu. Once in, go to the
System applet in Control Panel and from there, go to Device Manager.
Find the keyboard in the device list and double-click it to get its
Properties. There will be a button to roll back the drivers.

2. If that doesn't work, try plugging in a plain ps/2 keyboard (when the
computer is off) and uninstall the BT drivers. Start over.

3. If none of that works, I'd still get rid of the BT drivers, use a
ps/2 keyboard, and do a Repair Install:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers