[SOLVED] Clean/Fresh Windows 7 install driver problems

BallisticMouse

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
I just installed a fresh copy of Win 7 onto a 1TB SSD and I start up my computer with an ethernet cable plugged in but it can't read it saying no ethernet driver is installed. I tried plugging in a usb wifi adapter to no prevail. I tried putting an ethernet driver onto my usb flash drive but it can no longer recognize my usb flash drive even though it did pre-fresh installation. Ive tried going into the bios but once it starts loading the bios it just proceeds to load windows into my desktop instead of going into bios, not sure what that is all about.

How do I proceed from here to put some sort of ethernet driver onto my pc?

Solution
D
Ok, you're going to need to visit the website for your motherboard. Download chipset, audio, lan and usb 3,0 drivers.
You will need a usb 2.,0 thumb drive and plug that into one of your usb 2.0 ports.
You don't need intel turbo boost or intel management engine.
Install chipset from there first, then the rest.
If you haven't already and plan to game on the pc you might also want to install/update your video drivers.
D

Deleted member 2783327

You will need to install chipset and ethernet drivers at the very lest. quite likely USB 3.0 drivers as well. You should have gotten a Driver DVD with your motherboard. Do you have a DVD Drive in the computer - is that how you installed Windows 7?

Windows 7 didn't have USB 3.0 support

BallisticMouse

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
You will need to install chipset and ethernet drivers at the very lest. quite likely USB 3.0 drivers as well. You should have gotten a Driver DVD with your motherboard. Do you have a DVD Drive in the computer - is that how you installed Windows 7?

Windows 7 didn't have USB 3.0 support

I do not have the DVD to my motherboard, it's an older computer in which the hdd failed and got replaced with the new ssd. I do not have a DVD Drive in the computer, I used a 3.0 USB to install Windows.

So I would either need to put drivers on a 2.0 USB or to burn drivers to a blank dvd and install a dvd drive?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2783327

Ok, you're going to need to visit the website for your motherboard. Download chipset, audio, lan and usb 3,0 drivers.
You will need a usb 2.,0 thumb drive and plug that into one of your usb 2.0 ports.
You don't need intel turbo boost or intel management engine.
Install chipset from there first, then the rest.
If you haven't already and plan to game on the pc you might also want to install/update your video drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS