Question Clean install problem

Arron356

Commendable
Jan 18, 2021
Just built new pc. Used the media creation tool from a laptop that has windows 10 pro. Going well. Downloaded software on usb, put into new pc, booted to home. But tells me; "no product key was found on your device". Despite the laptop saying: "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account."

Is there a step I'm missing?

Troubleshoot is telling me the windows editions on the devices don't match...

Thanks for any advice.

But tells me; "no product key was found on your device". Despite the laptop saying: "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account."
Those are different things.
You laptop disk expects a laptop that has the serial key build in but you used it on a desktop which is why it says that there is no key.

MS allows to use a windows installation licensed if you linked an account to it which is why you did, you did insert the same email you had on your laptop (or other licensed windows install) right?!

Arron356

Commendable
Jan 18, 2021
"MS allows to use a windows installation licensed if you linked an account to it which is why you did, you did insert the same email you had on your laptop (or other licensed windows install) right?!"

During the boot stage of windows? Yes. I used the same login. I did a post before regarding the media tool, and was linked the document regarding clean install guide. Followed step-by-step. Unless, doing this does lead to some features not being available, such as "customizing background." And, the software is completely fine.