Status
Not open for further replies.

dark ariel7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I just did a fresh install of windows 10 with the ISO from their site. I keep getting odd stutters and lag. Particularly when playing games. I have a GTX 960 and an FX 8320 with 8 gigs of ram.

I have no idea what causes this. It just stutters randomly even when only using Chrome. I suspect it might be the graphics driver but I have updated to the latest one (368.22) and it did not fix the issue. I do not max out cpu or gpu consumption when it stutters. There is even a delay in between me typing something and it actually appearing on screen sometimes. The issue is not always there but it happens sometimes.

Mainly bf4 and Overwatch stutter pretty bad. The thing is, I was playing bf4 perfectly fine before the clean install. Now its a total lag fest. I dont even have the highest settings on, which my pc should be able to handle anyways. Mind you, the lag is not always there. And I know its not my internet connection because its not the game lagging, its my pc.

Solution
Hello dark ariel7

You may want to try a few things:

1) Make sure you followed the correct procedure to install Windows 10. You can find the step-by-step guideline here.

2) Increase Virtual Memory of Your Windows 10.

3) Confirm if the Network Adapter Is Configured to Connect In Full Duplex Mode.
Note: Although the link in the 3rd suggestion focuses on configuring the NIC in Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, the method is identical for Windows 10 as well. To open the Network Connections window in Windows 10, you can type the NCPA.CPL command in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

4) Try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command.

Feel free to...
Hello dark ariel7

You may want to try a few things:

1) Make sure you followed the correct procedure to install Windows 10. You can find the step-by-step guideline here.

2) Increase Virtual Memory of Your Windows 10.

3) Confirm if the Network Adapter Is Configured to Connect In Full Duplex Mode.
Note: Although the link in the 3rd suggestion focuses on configuring the NIC in Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, the method is identical for Windows 10 as well. To open the Network Connections window in Windows 10, you can type the NCPA.CPL command in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

4) Try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.