Clean Install Windows 10 Not Booting

Aug 13, 2018
I first installed win 10 on my hdd and then i found out that was a mistake, so now i decided to do a clean install on my ssd, it installs fine then when it restarts it goes into the install window, then i take out the usb then restart again but it goes straight to bios and only my ssd pluged in

Solution
Could be very possible. If you want to make sure, you could use a USB adapter and plug the SSD to another working PC and then use something like WD Lifeguard or any other diag tool kit. Perform a full diag check on the SSD. (not the short version).

But if it boots to HD and not SSD. I think after all the troubleshooting we have done. We can say its most likely the SSD.
If you plan on using the HHD also then I would delete/reformat the HHD to remove the install of Windows. Then make sure SSD is set to primary boot disk. If you are still having booting issues. Reinstall Windows on SSD once HHD has been cleaned of old OS.

Leave both disk installed.

How are you getting to command prompt if you are not loading to an OS? Attaching the drives to another system? System recovery?

If you are attaching it to another system. Then just go into device manager and do a full reformat of the disk.

Yeah so system recovery from media.

You can boot into media and right before the OS install where it gives you the option to select a disk for OS install. You should be able to reformat and delete partitions from there on both disks.

I would delete and format everything on that screen then create a new partition from scratch.

An even better way. Is use a USB adapter. Connect one disk at a time to a running system then go into device manager and format the disk from there.

Hmm what happens when you remove the SSD and install Windows on the HHD only? Does it boot?

If it keeps booting straight to BIOS it maybe trying to tell you there is a hardware issue with something. Might need to try running some check disk on your drives and a memory test with something like memset to see if there is a ram issue which is preventing boot.

Could be very possible. If you want to make sure, you could use a USB adapter and plug the SSD to another working PC and then use something like WD Lifeguard or any other diag tool kit. Perform a full diag check on the SSD. (not the short version).

But if it boots to HD and not SSD. I think after all the troubleshooting we have done. We can say its most likely the SSD.

Solution