Question Clean installed Windows 10 won't boot after a few hours

likeuknowwhatever

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I've probably done a clean install Window 10 Pro over 15 times in the last weeks with the same result.

The installation goes fine. The OS boots as it should. I'm able to log in, change settings, create new folders etc.
It will still boot up even if I restart the computer. All is well until after a few hours when I have to start or restart the computer.
The OS won't boot, even if it's recognized and prioritized in BIOS. It will just go to a black screen.

I thought the problem was the SSD, so I tried a different one...with the exact same outcome.

A new updated Windows 10 ISO.....same result.

Sometimes, only sometimes, I'm able to fix it by booting the Windows 10 install drive and clicking on Repair and letting it fix the files automatically.
But that only solves it temporarily, as I'm back to getting the black screen next time I start the computer.

What could be causing such a strange issue it if it's not the SSD?
I really hope it's not the motherboard, because I recently replaced it after the previous one was damaged during a power outage.
It's an ASUS E35M1.
I'm now connecting it to a power strip with over-voltage protection.
It had been working fine for 2 months until this happened.

I've probably done a clean install Window 10 Pro over 15 times in the last weeks with the same result.

The installation goes fine. The OS boots as it should. I'm able to log in, change settings, create new folders etc.
It will still boot up even if I restart the computer. All is well until after a few hours when I have to start or restart the computer.
The OS won't boot, even if it's recognized and prioritized in BIOS. It will just go to a black screen.

I thought the problem was the SSD, so I tried a different one...with the exact same outcome.

Sometimes, only sometimes, I'm able to fix it by booting the Windows 10 install drive and clicking on Repair and letting it fix the files automatically.
But that only solves it temporarily, as I'm back to getting the black screen next time I start the computer.

I really hope it's not the motherboard, because I recently replaced it after the previous one was damaged during a power outage.
It's an ASUS E35M1.
What's the full system specs?

When you say booting to just a black screen is it pure black with the screen illuminate. Or is it a black screen with a flat Grey bar flashing in the top left corner. Or does the splash screen display and then display shut off. Sorry I know this kinda random, but it's really not all these things can mean different thing. Just as much as they can be linked to one

It's an ASUS E35M1.
Just a test.
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.

Reactions: white.a.drew