Clean Installing Windows 10 Error Code 0x800701e3

shnnweston

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me because I am at my wits end.

I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my brand new Seagate Barracuda 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive 1TB.

I had previously been able to install Windows 10 via USB media created using the Media Creation Tool without issue. However, the OS was acting up, going slow, taking over an hour to from the boot screen to the login screen, not responding to clicks, things of that nature. So after some other troubleshooting failed me I decided to just reformat the drive and begin a new.

I have reformated the drive and it is partitioned into System Reserved - 500MB and Primary - 930GB.

I plug in the USB, power on my PC, boot from USB, choose Install when it gets to the approrpiate window, choose I do not have a product key, choose custom install, attempt to install on my Primary drive, and it get's as far as Getting files ready for installation before I am hit with "Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x800701e3"

It takes about an hour, sometimes more, at 0% on Getting files ready for installation before I get the error.

I have also tried to install putting in a product key, then going through custom install.

I thought that maybe my USB somehow got corrupted so I did a full reformat on it and reinstalled the installation media. Tried again same error.

I read that issues could be caused if other external hardware is plugged in but the only thing in is the USB Key and the USB for my mouse and keyboard.

I have seen this error explained for people trying to upgrade from a previous OS to Windows 10 but I am doing a completely clean install on a blank HDD.

I have read this error coming up from people clean installing Windows 7 but I am trying to do this with Windows 10.

I have ran chkdsk and no issues were found.

I have looked at the disk/volume/partition information via diskpart and everything is healthy and online.

Not sure what else to do, any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
The seven thread lead to person being shown hard drive diagnostic tools. Since it is only a 1 week old Seagate drive I would contact them for an RMA instead of paying for repair costs. You might just have got a bad drive. Brand new anything shouldn't give you trouble within a week.

Colif

Win 11 Master
here is on possible solution

1. When you get the error window, click “OK” button.
2. The underlying window displays the message “installation was canceled, changes made to your computer won’t be saved.”
3. “X”(close) button in the underlying window will be greyed for a few seconds/minutes depending on roll back. Once the button is active, click “X”.
4. You will be taken back to blue window with “Install now” button. Click on it and proceed.

http://www.vishki.com/v1/error-0x800701e3-during-clean-installation-of-windows-10/933

if you can get win 10 on I would suggest running http://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/ on your hard drive.

shnnweston

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Thanks so much for your answer. I have tried this solution as directed. On the third attempt of going through the process it failed at the Copying Windows files stage and gave me the error message "Windows Setup cannot locate a valid hard drive to store temporary installation files. To install Windows, create more free space on the hard drive or add a new hard drive."

I'm completely confused as System Reserved and Primary both showed their correct available space, and I chose to install to Primary as usual.

I then clicked ok on the error message and waited to see what it would do and I got the error "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000100"

It then took me back to the Installation screen. I hit Install, go through the steps, get to Installing Windows and it again fails at the Copying Windows files step with the error "Windows Setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. To install Windows, restart the installation."

All error messages are repeated.

ETA: I am starting over after shutting down and restarting. It is passed the copying windows files stage and onto the Getting files ready for installation stage, taking it's sweet, sweet time again, which I foresee as leading to another faliure and error message.

shnnweston

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Thanks so much again for replying and attempting to help. If I can avoid hundreds of dollars in computer repair I will be eternally grateful.

I may have been saying that all wrong or at least not including all steps I took diagnostically. I went through this 7 Forums suggestion first. I could not complete format from that window so I went into diskpart and followed these steps in conjunction with these steps from a Toms Hardware thread (I couldn't simply format a drive to NTSF, after being labeled as RAW after deleting partitions, from the window so I needed to do it through command prompts).

I am failing to see how it could be a HDD/Connection issue if it worked before and everything is about a week old. I contacted a local repair shop and they think I will need to replace parts and quoted me some god awful number. I just don't understand how I could go through an installation once, without issue, and all the same hardware/software, and suddenly a week later none of it works.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The seven thread lead to person being shown hard drive diagnostic tools. Since it is only a 1 week old Seagate drive I would contact them for an RMA instead of paying for repair costs. You might just have got a bad drive. Brand new anything shouldn't give you trouble within a week.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS