Clean Installing Windows 10 to an SSD

andrescelano

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello guys, I am currently waiting for my SSD to arrive and I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 to it. I already upgraded to Windows 10 but I want to fully do an install on my system. I am fine with losing some data but I really do not want to have to reinstall all of my games, how could I do this?

Hi,

I would suggest not to format the drive that has Windows 10 already installed in it. Once you received the SSD, disconnect the old drive that has Windows 10 already and install Windows 10 in the new SSD. Once Windows 10 has been installed in the new SSD use the 2nd drive as a 2nd storage device so you can still access all you files and games. Make sure that in BIOS the SSD is set as the first boot device. :)

Hopefully this will help. :)

Foxseiz

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014

I don't think so, since your boot is focused on the SSD. So the PC is going to use the Windows on your SSD and not the other hard drive.

andrescelano

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Man you came a bit too late. Ever since this post I did stupid things but I am fine now. I tried migrating the OS to the SSD but ruined the OS instead. So I did a clean install. I lost all my games but that's ok, I installed everything back now.