[SOLVED] Clean laptop motherboard

Apr 14, 2020
I have a seven year old Acer aspire E5 511p p1qh laptop that recently got hammered by a bedbug stain issue and am asking what would be the best way to go about restore the board,is it saveable or should I just look to buy a whole new one.also has an issue charging as when I put the wire in to charge the charge light and power light flash orange together and when I remove the battery to charge it it that way as some source says to see if that's an internal issue it also flashes,and when on when not charging the light is supposed to be blue but looks purple now and has been this way for 3 months now and am now concerned as it's getting harder to charge it back up.I could use an expert advise on what I should think about doing.

Solution
Attempting to restore the existing motherboard is not likely to end well.

And putting a new motherboard into the Acer may be a short-lived effort.

The Acer being seven years old, stained, and having other problems (trusting that infestation is not one of them) will just keep costing you money.

Buy a new laptop with warranty, etc..

Relegate the Acer laptop to some experimental or other insequential use where appearance and some final failure will not matter.

Ralston18

Titan

The Acer being seven years old, stained, and having other problems (trusting that infestation is not one of them) will just keep costing you money.

Relegate the Acer laptop to some experimental or other insequential use where appearance and some final failure will not matter.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020

Thank you for your wise advice.