Clean win 7 install no keyboard or mouse

Jan 4, 2019
So I've had to reinstall Windows, it was all going well, installed all the motherboard and chip set drivers then it had to do a reboot, when it rebooted the keyboard and mouse no longer work so I can't log in.
I don't have a ps1 mouse or keyboard, only USB.
Please help!

Jan 4, 2019
I've just done a system restore to before the chipset installation and I've now got the USB ports back.
Don't I need the chipset drivers for best performance?

Jan 4, 2019
Okay but my problems seem to start when I install the USB drivers. The same thing just happened, keyboard was working, install usb 3 drivers, reboot, no keyboard.

Jan 4, 2019
Asus 7170 pro gaming.
No I don't have win 10.
My machine has been working fine for 2 years, it developed a network problem a couple of days ago, I couldn't access my clients VPN. Their tech support tried to remotely fix it but gave up and said I would have to re install Windows.
The machine came with win 7 installed but I've installed it on other systems with no problems, though this is my first machine with USB 3.

Jan 4, 2019
I installed both sets of drivers of the Asus DVD, that didn't work so I downloaded the USB 3 drivers from Intel and that didn't work.
I can't see those links properly at the moment as I'm having to reinstall Windows again, the last system restore didn't work, I assume windows was installing updates when the USB ports got locked and I had to restart using the power button. That somehow must have corrupted the restore point so I'm back to square one again.