Clean Windows 10 Install - Boot Loop

krosenhamer

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a brand new machine - has never has ANY OS installed on it ever. I get to the "Get Started Fast" screen, select my settings and save, the computer reboots right back to the same screen. No errors, just reboots.

I've tried:
- Disconnecting all drives except for the SSD that will hold the OS
- Disabling all Boot drives in the BIOS except for the USB I'm using to install Windows.
- Formatting the USB and downloading Windows again then formatting the SSD from another computer before trying to install Windows again.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting everything.
- Connecting to the internet (Ethernet cable, not super long) and disconnecting from the internet.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI Gaming 790
CPU: Intel 970
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 Windforce
No onboard graphics
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

I can't get it to boot in Safe Mode (I got janky 3rd party instructions from Microsoft - I never get one of the screens they described and they said that wasn't possible) and my GPU (or perhaps it's my monitor) throws a fit if I put it in VGA mode.

Microsoft has basically told me what I describe is absolutely, completely and utterly impossible and wasted an entire day. I'm ready to RMA it all and ask Microsoft for a refund. My other build (Intel CPU (blanking on which one--not Ryzen) on an Asrock TaiChi X99) with a clean install to a new SSD worked perfectly fine. Is it an issue with AMD???