Clean Windows 10 Install issue "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in"

Grantnw

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Good morning everyone,

I am helping my father in law today. Last week his windows bar became unresponsive, could not use the start button etc. I fixed the issue everything was working.

He called me today and his computer on boot up was unresponsive in would boot to windows desktop then freeze. I grabbed his window Disk and tried to repair any windows issues. After "fixing" it still had same boot issue.

We decided to do a new windows install. Get through the whole process, everything goes smoothly to the end, I created a profile etc. The last screen says to sign in- I sign in and it gives me an error "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded."

The only button to press is "OK" then it ask me to resign back in. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Solution
The only other advice i found was do a clean install which doesn't really help, as that is what you just did.

Did you make a new installer this week? If its a really old installer, you might be best getting a new one and fresh install again and it might not happen. If its a new installer this week, don't bother. Yesterday Windows released newest version of Win 10 so I wonder if problem is at their end and not yours.

What type of account did you create? local user or windows account? If you did reinstall, I would try to make a local if you did other as it could well be the problem is at MS end and making local means it doesn't have to confirm profile info.

Grantnw

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I appreciate that link. I saw this one earlier. Unfortunately i'm in the startup screen of the fresh windows install, it wont allow me to go back, if I restart the PC it just brings me back to this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The only other advice i found was do a clean install which doesn't really help, as that is what you just did.

Did you make a new installer this week? If its a really old installer, you might be best getting a new one and fresh install again and it might not happen. If its a new installer this week, don't bother. Yesterday Windows released newest version of Win 10 so I wonder if problem is at their end and not yours.

What type of account did you create? local user or windows account? If you did reinstall, I would try to make a local if you did other as it could well be the problem is at MS end and making local means it doesn't have to confirm profile info.

Solution

Grantnw

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Ok awesome. Im going to head back to his house tonight to try to redo this.

Thanks so much.