clean windows 7 install with OEM copy of windows?

rudylorren

Reputable
May 26, 2015

I wrote a long description of the exact problem, but I was on my phone so I guess it didn't post properly.

I work for a small business, the windows machine they had was almost ten years old so about two weeks ago we bought a new one. This one We recieved it a few days ago and I got it all setup but there is so much bloatware preinstalled it is almost as slow as the old computer.. I talked to lenovo and they are sending me a windows 7 OEM disk (it came with a windows 8 disk) but I am worried that I will not be able to install windows without the nonsense.

So essentially my question is can you install a clean copy without the bloatware from an OEM disk. If not, can I get an ISO from somewhere(ninja style) and install it and will the product key on the bios be populated?

Or can I get a product key somehow and download an ISO from microsoft directly?

thanks for your help

Saintarthur

Honorable
May 20, 2012
You can download the ISOs for windows 7 directly from microsoft. Look for "Microsoft Software Recovery" The disk they will send you is usually the microsoft clean version. The license key is the important bit. If it comes with other software installed just get the ISO from microsoft and use the key to activate.

Good luck