Question Clean windows install freezing/hanging when moving my mouse not even an inch

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Ryzen 5 5600x
Asus b550f
1tb m.2 nvme 970-pro
Seagate HDD
750w Corsair PSU
1050ti GTX

I’ve installed windows SOOOO many times in the past few days to figure out the issue. tried looking for viruses on drives, but non found, memtest86 says nothing is wrong/no errors after 4 passes. i just can’t think of anything that is causing this. I need a fix ASAP as i have important work to be done very soon. everything in here is new. I have another set of RAM same brand, different hz and size to try.

i thought it could be the way i formatted my drives, my usb is fat32 and m.2 is NTFS, could that be an issue?

I’ve tried installing on HDD but I’m having problems on that too.

I’ve removed the USB drive when the screen says “pc restarting in 10>” so it won’t keep booting of if that.
Everytime i move my mouse in language/keyboard settings, it freezes and glitches then goes to a black screen, I’ve tried unplugging mouse and trying keyboard but it does the same thing.

i can’t install drivers cause well, I’m not in windows to do that, unless there’s a bootable driver option which i doubt exists(it should) cause that’s what i suspect it is. Everything works fine on MOBO. So I’m not suspecting that at all. Please help.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I just updated it yesterday afternoon to the latest, and I’m pretty sure I’ve added the most up to date windows creation tool install, i couldn’t find an option in the site to download a specific file.
I thought it could be i didn’t set my bios settings correctly. Maybe since I have legacy options set instead of UEFI?

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
So question, seeing that my ram is not having errors, even though that, should i try my lower end RAM to see if it makes a change to the process, and another question does anyone have anything they could recommend to fix? Anything and everything is on the table.

TRENDING THREADS