[SOLVED] Clean windows without reinstalling

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hello!

Just wondering if theres a software that cleans your PC checking if theres any files slowing down the pc or bugs/viruses etc which will help boost up my PC up where it should be?

I have a GTX 1080Ti and i7 9700k but I feel like I should be getting better performance than what I have now when playing games etc.

Solution
The 128gb is with just windows on it and probably some other stuff that isnt meant to be on there.

The WD Blue is just random files etc

I've recently started using the 1x8gb ram stick because while upgrading, my other ram stick wasn't a DDR4 which wasn't compatible for my motherboard. I'm buying 2x8GB 3600MHz during the week so hopefully it will be fine.

Do you have any recommended softwares to scan for virus malware?
Where do I go to give you my temperatures at IDLE and LOAD?

Well when I play this game Metro Exodus, I get pretty bad fps drops after I alt tab and go back in. Like If I wanted the game to go smooth, I can't alt tab out or else it will stuff up. Not sure how that works.

Try not to full that SSD too much. If...

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Unless you have a hardware problem, viruses or 2000 programs installed with 50 of them running in the background I don't see how a 9700K and a 1080ti would feel slower than it should.

Please post your full system specs. Go there - https://www.userbenchmark.com/ click on free download and download the benchmark. Run it. Paste the results link here.

UserBenchmarks: Game 110%, Desk 103%, Work 85%
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 100.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti - 126.3%
SSD: Intel 760p Series NVMe PCIe M.2 128GB - 123.9%
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 112.7%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 79.2%
RAM: G.SKILL Value DDR4 2133 C15 1x8GB - 36.7%
MBD: MSI Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98)

Do you install anything on that WD Blue? Game or program? Probably used as storage only?

How full is your Intel 760p?. 128GB is very small if this is used as your OS drive.

How long have you been running with only 1x8GB RAM stick? I'm asking because if you knew how many fps you're losing because you're running in single channel instead of dual channel in some games. Can be up to 30% on some titles. When you buy RAM you buy the amount you want in a 2 sticks kit and you use 2 slots on the motherboard to get the full 128bit dual memory channel. Running it with only 1 stick is cutting that in half and is the reason why you have a 36.7% on your memory.

Scan your computer for virus malware. Give me your temperatures at IDLE and LOAD for your CPU and GPU. Any example of why you think your system is going slower than normal?

Last edited:

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Do you install anything on that WD Blue? Game or program? Probably used as storage only?

How full is your Intel 760p?. 128GB is very small if this is used as your OS drive. It is 37.5GB free.

How long have you been running with only 1x8GB RAM stick? I'm asking because if you knew how many fps you're losing because you're running in single channel instead of dual channel in some games. Can be up to 30% on some titles. When you buy RAM you buy the amount you want in a 2 sticks kit and you use 2 slots on the motherboard to get the full 128bit dual memory channel. Running it with only 1 stick is cutting that in half and is the reason why you have a 36.7% on your memory.

Scan your computer for virus malware. Give me your temperatures at IDLE and LOAD for your CPU and GPU. Any example of why you think your system is going slower than normal?

The 128gb is with just windows on it and probably some other stuff that isnt meant to be on there.

I've recently started using the 1x8gb ram stick because while upgrading, my other ram stick wasn't a DDR4 which wasn't compatible for my motherboard. I'm buying 2x8GB 3600MHz during the week so hopefully it will be fine.

Well when I play this game Metro Exodus, I get pretty bad fps drops after I alt tab and go back in. Like If I wanted the game to go smooth, I can't alt tab out or else it will stuff up. Not sure how that works.

Try not to full that SSD too much. If you do it will start giving you problems. Slow down, Windows Update crying because you don't have enough free space etc.

If you're using the WD Blue for random files then fine.

3600Mhz RAM on a 9700k won't give you any real performance gain. You do not have a Ryzen system. You should buy 3200MHz memory instead.

You could download malwarebytes to start with and scan your system with that.

So does your fps tank in exodus only if you alt-tab? What if you don't do it? Try borderless windows in the game instead of fullscreen.

Solution