Question Cleaned dust from the pc and now when i shut the pc down the lights and fans stay on

Zycrus

Honorable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello guys i cleaned my pc today and since everytime i clean it i need reseating every cable back in and so on, this time i had some issues with hard drive(storage one) and the Hd sound input,so i had to reseat that a few times before it started working properly, but then later when i turned the pc off i realised it made the sound as if it turned off,lights on keyboard and mouse went off, graphic cards fans stopped but the led lights in the case persist and the other extra fans and the psu and cpu fan keep spinning, not at high speed but they spin. I cannot figure out why would that be and the only way to turn them off seems to be the psu button to stop electricity because power button also stays on and doesnt respond to clicking it untill i turn it off trough the psu plug...i tried reseating bios battery, ram, gpu and all other cables connecting to the motherboard to no avail

Lutfij

Titan
See if all your power connections are securely plugged into all your devices. Following that, check to see that all devices are properly seated into their respective slots.

On a side note, can you please include the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

+ you ever feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your chassis and your bare feet are making contact with a (non-carpeted, non-wooden)floor?

Zycrus

Honorable
Oct 24, 2016
See if all your power connections are securely plugged into all your devices. Following that, check to see that all devices are properly seated into their respective slots.

On a side note, can you please include the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

+ you ever feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your chassis and your bare feet are making contact with a (non-carpeted, non-wooden)floor?
Hello ans thank you for a quick answer, i did check it multiple times but i will redo it as soon as i arrive home and will let you know if there will be any changes,
CPU:I5 4570 3.2ghz
Motherboard:B85M Asus,
Ram:12GB Ddr3
SSD/HDD:1 SSD 120GB with system, 250gb SSD for storage and 1TB HDD for storage
GPU:RX 580 4GB NITRO+ SAPPHIRE EDITION
PSU:500W BRONZE edition 2 months old
Chassis:i've no clue its an Asus one but i lost the details paper from it,
Have a feeling the sistem possibly got corrupted somehow because i've had an issue previously where restart button didnt work and the pc was stuck in restarting loop and after fresh install it was fixed,nothing else worked, if the mentioned checking of all cables does not work again will try to scan the system for corrupt files also see if that helps.

Zycrus

Honorable
Oct 24, 2016
PSU:500W BRONZE edition 2 months old
Bronze edition can't be the make and model of the unit. Is this the PSU you're working with?

Chassis:i've no clue its an Asus one but i lost the details paper from it,
So this is an Asus prebuilt?
I am not sure what is it called but i'll check when i get home,it is indeed very similar to the one you sent but its a different brand only. (Was a quick buy because i needed it for work didnt have time to wait for a better one, it does have a 2 year warranty)

It was an Asus prebuilt that i slowly upgraded myself and am continuing to upgrade but planning to change the chassis soon because i will need more space, all of the parts inside have been changed other than the chasis itself.

Zycrus

Honorable
Oct 24, 2016
Sorry for the fact i wasnt able to reply sooner, i have fixed the issue, so the way i fixed it was that i tried to reset all connectors on motherboard,gpu etc. but it didnt work when i turned the pc on and shut it down it had the same issue once again, so then i remembered one thing that i use to clean cache from television, by plugging the tv off and holding the power button for a while to get all the electricity out...i plugged my pc out and held the power button for 10 seconds,plugged it back in and turned it on, shutdown and it worked..
Also checked PSU and i've no idea what is the name on it theres nothing that gives me a (this is prolly the name) vibe 😂😂 some random creation.