Cleaned Out old .MSI's taking over half of my SSD, now nothing will install

DoubleDogg6

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
As stated in the title, I cleaned out a big chunk of .msi's that were not being used as stated by (by a third-party program that was trusted) but apparently it got rid of some core .msi files needed to install programs. Now whenever I install a program I get an "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and this only started after I removed the .msi's. Do I need to roll back changes or is there another fix?

EDIT: The program was WICleanup

Solution
You are right that just installing any file from anywhere shouldn´t be done, if the source is not known. Microsoft is a good source or any PC magazine´s homepage.

by the way, WICleanup is not for windows 10

reinstalling windows 10 with the option "keep personal files only" should be your way to go. Backup critical data before doing so

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THOSE FILES! If they aren't on the microsoft website then dism or reinstall, do not download random files from sketchy places, they could be broken or virus filled, and are always illegal

You are right that just installing any file from anywhere shouldn´t be done, if the source is not known. Microsoft is a good source or any PC magazine´s homepage.

by the way, WICleanup is not for windows 10

reinstalling windows 10 with the option "keep personal files only" should be your way to go. Backup critical data before doing so

Solution

DoubleDogg6

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

Thanks for the information... Really sucks because I read on HowToGeek that it should be fine. Guess that's what I get for not doing my research. I was installing games last night, and I clicked browser and selected the file. So the files there, it just doesn't pick it up first time, which is weird. Anyway, thank you for the help.