[SOLVED] Cleaning Corsair Hydro X radiators

Nov 16, 2020
Hey,
I have been planning a build for a few weeks now, and I have decided on going full custom watercooling using the Corsair Hydro X products. I have little knowledge when it comes to cleaning radiators. Will I need to clean the Corsair XR 5 radiators myself, or does Corsair clean them before shipping? If I do need to clean the rads myself, what are some good cleaner recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You always should clean new radiators when you get them. A soak in very hot, soapy water (even 2x) for about 30 minutes will help break up any machine oils still left inside. Then a mix of 50/50 white vinegar and water can be sloshed inside and then drained.

Always rinse thoroughly with water to ensure all soap and vinegar are removed.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MIX VINEGAR AND SOAP TOGETHER IN A SINGLE STEP - SOME TYPES OF SOAP COMBINED WITH VINEGAR CREATE VERY TOXIC FUMES.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You always should clean new radiators when you get them. A soak in very hot, soapy water (even 2x) for about 30 minutes will help break up any machine oils still left inside. Then a mix of 50/50 white vinegar and water can be sloshed inside and then drained.

Always rinse thoroughly with water to ensure all soap and vinegar are removed.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MIX VINEGAR AND SOAP TOGETHER IN A SINGLE STEP - SOME TYPES OF SOAP COMBINED WITH VINEGAR CREATE VERY TOXIC FUMES.

Solution