Cleaning GPU and found this...

Cholkavich

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
So I was cleaning my GPU, a xfx hd r7870 and planning on reapplying thermal paste. After opening it up I found that two of the components on the board were cracked.
http://
ODsAC8f

taYMOQh

My gpu is pretty old but I was still getting as much out of it as I could. Anyone ran into something like this?

Solution
This is a coil and it's housing has cracked. However we can't tell how much damaged it is inside. If you didn't damage it yourself while cleaning the card then it will probably work but not for too long and you may hear some coil whine. Probably age and high temps have done this. Your GPU is going to fail in the near future, it's too old and it doesn't worth fixing that component, since there may be damage somewhere else (that's not visible). You should be prepared to get a new GPU when it stops working. Good luck.
This is a coil and it's housing has cracked. However we can't tell how much damaged it is inside. If you didn't damage it yourself while cleaning the card then it will probably work but not for too long and you may hear some coil whine. Probably age and high temps have done this. Your GPU is going to fail in the near future, it's too old and it doesn't worth fixing that component, since there may be damage somewhere else (that's not visible). You should be prepared to get a new GPU when it stops working. Good luck.

Solution