amoor22

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series and lately it has been reaching temperatures of 60-70 while gaming and then it would automatically power off. Normally temperatures would be 50-60 maximum when gaming I've blown are in all the intake vents that helped but blowing in the exhaust did nothing and I can't seem to open the laptop to clean it manually because the cd drive is stuck. So is there another way I could clean the exhaust without opening?
P.S I'm not so good with opening laptops.
Thanks.

There are filters in intake ports and in cooler body, only opening and cleaning the manually can help. After a prolonged (over) heating TIM paste and/or pads deteriorate with time and should be replaced. No blowing or sucking can help there. As it's pretty complicated, laptop services usually provide cleaning as preventative measure for nominal price.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Also, the forums are not an 'emergency' solution. You may or may not get an immediate answer, so please do not bump a thread that has not been answered, especially just over a half hour.

The best solution is to find a service that can open the laptop and ensure that all heatpipes and fans inside the machine can be inspected and cleaned. Compressed/canned air can help clean the exhaust and inlet vents, but that is just surface-deep. If the laptop is very dirty, you will want a professional cleaning.

amoor22

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series it has an i7 7500U and amd Radeon R5 M430.When I try playing CS:GO it plays for 7-10 minutes before the screen goes off and the laptop shuts off it reaches temperatures of 83c but for the most part it's between 67 - 78c I've cleaned the fans and set the maximum processor state to 20% in the power plan options but the problem still continues any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

TRENDING THREADS