cleaning LCD -- Canon A75

I just got this a few weeks ago and I'm noticing some fingerprints on the
viewscreen.

What do you folks suggest in terms of cleaning it off (I don't want to
scratch anything).

Mel

Since it is plastic, the same as reading spectacles these days, a soft cloth
only, no paper products, not even nose tissues.

If greasy some liquid detergent or glas cleaner. Don't get liquids around
the edge.

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> I just got this a few weeks ago and I'm noticing some fingerprints on the
> viewscreen.
>
> What do you folks suggest in terms of cleaning it off (I don't want to
> scratch anything).
>
> Mel

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gymmy Bob <nospamming@bite.me> wrote:

:Since it is plastic, the same as reading spectacles these days, a soft cloth
:eek:nly, no paper products, not even nose tissues.

I agree...a soft cloth should do fine.

On a related note. does anyone have any experience with the digital
camera LCD protector sheets such as these made by Fellowes?

http://tinyurl.com/553gt

Thanks!

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:38:34 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
wrote:

>I just got this a few weeks ago and I'm noticing some fingerprints on the
>viewscreen.
>
>What do you folks suggest in terms of cleaning it off (I don't want to
>scratch anything).
>
>Mel

The ONLY cleaning method for the LCD monitor listed in my A75's
instruction book is:
Lens blower brush, soft cloth, or an eyeglass lens wiper.
It cautions against using water on any part of the camera, so any type
of soap would be ruled out IMHO.
If someone has used glass cleaner successfully, that might be worth
trying.
Me? I'm sticking with the soft cloth approach.
- Bob (In Tulsa)

Spray the Windex (did I say that out loud?) on the cloth and then wipe.

"Bob In Tulsa" <bobntlsaJUNK@BLOCKmindspring.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:38:34 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I just got this a few weeks ago and I'm noticing some fingerprints on the
> >viewscreen.
> >
> >What do you folks suggest in terms of cleaning it off (I don't want to
> >scratch anything).
> >
> >Mel
> >

> The ONLY cleaning method for the LCD monitor listed in my A75's
> instruction book is:
> Lens blower brush, soft cloth, or an eyeglass lens wiper.
> It cautions against using water on any part of the camera, so any type
> of soap would be ruled out IMHO.
> If someone has used glass cleaner successfully, that might be worth
> trying.
> Me? I'm sticking with the soft cloth approach.
> - Bob (In Tulsa)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On a related note, I went out and bought some LCD screen protectors
from Staples yesterday and put them on mine and my girlfriend's Canon
A75s. Aside from a few small air bubbles and cosmetic imperfections in
the protectant plastic film, it seems like they will do a good job of
protecting the LCD.

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=491144&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=3&bcSCatName=Technology&bcCatId=43&bcCatName=Digital+Cameras&bcDeptId=1599&bcDeptName=Accessories&bcClassId=141630&bcClassName=Accessory+Kits

eddie

"Bob" <am_dew@REMOVepanixThis.com> wrote in message
> Gymmy Bob <nospamming@bite.me> wrote:
>
> :Since it is plastic, the same as reading spectacles these days, a soft
cloth
> :eek:nly, no paper products, not even nose tissues.
>
> I agree...a soft cloth should do fine.
>
> On a related note. does anyone have any experience with the digital
> camera LCD protector sheets such as these made by Fellowes?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/553gt
>
> Thanks!

I have one on my G5, excellent!

Eddie

MG

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:06:31 -0600, Bob In Tulsa
<bobntlsaJUNK@BLOCKmindspring.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:38:34 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I just got this a few weeks ago and I'm noticing some fingerprints on the
>>viewscreen.
>>
>>What do you folks suggest in terms of cleaning it off (I don't want to
>>scratch anything).
>>
>>Mel

What I did was to gently cut the protective film round the LCD that
was on the back of the camera from new with a sharp blade. This
protects the LCD perfectly without any real loss in usage. I used the
small remnant to cover the serial nos on base as this apparently is
prone to rubbing off.

MG
**REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!