[SOLVED] Cleaning monitor screen

Solution
I would highly recommend against any window based cleaning products such as windex. I personally would not use anything other than distilled water and a soft micro fibre cloth to clean a monitor screen. Spray the water on using a fine mist bottle and wipe in straight horizontal lines with the cloth. You can repeat as necessary with alternative wiping in straight vertical lines. Use light pressure first and for stubborn spots you can try gradually more pressure. Don't scrub it as this may damage and scratch the panel.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have the User Guide/Manual for the monitor?

Clean the screen and monitor following the recommendations provided by the monitor's manufacturer.

If you do not have the User Guide/Manual go to the manufacturer's website for the User Guide/Manual or other specific cleaning instructions.

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Do you have the User Guide/Manual for the monitor?

Clean the screen and monitor following the recommendations provided by the monitor's manufacturer.

If you do not have the User Guide/Manual go to the manufacturer's website for the User Guide/Manual or other specific cleaning instructions.

"You can use Windex® to clean the screen and 409® clean the outer casing of the monitor. Please use a "soft" non-fiberous cloth to clean the screen. Do not use any paper products to clean the screen." So would https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SBB0SU/ref=psdc_14084681_t2_B01EXJ4E6O be fine for cleaning? Cuz i dont know any of these products and cant seem to find them. Also what would be a soft non-fiberous cloth?

Kazin76

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
I would highly recommend against any window based cleaning products such as windex. I personally would not use anything other than distilled water and a soft micro fibre cloth to clean a monitor screen. Spray the water on using a fine mist bottle and wipe in straight horizontal lines with the cloth. You can repeat as necessary with alternative wiping in straight vertical lines. Use light pressure first and for stubborn spots you can try gradually more pressure. Don't scrub it as this may damage and scratch the panel.

Reactions: HRH-Mononoke
Solution

Ralston18

Titan
I use microfiber cloths for to carefully dust "technology" products.

E.g.:

https://www.homedepot.com/c/ah/how-to-clean-microfiber-cloths/9ba683603be9fa5395fab901743e4d0f

And per @Kazin76 if there is a spot then I will slightly dampen a cloth and wipe the screen accordingly.

However, my overall policy is to not touch screen. If the monitor needs to be adjusted I use the edges or back as necessary. Rarely eat while working and that goes a long way with respect to keeping work area, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. clean.

Reactions: HRH-Mononoke

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
I use microfiber cloths for to carefully dust "technology" products.

E.g.:

https://www.homedepot.com/c/ah/how-to-clean-microfiber-cloths/9ba683603be9fa5395fab901743e4d0f

And per @Kazin76 if there is a spot then I will slightly dampen a cloth and wipe the screen accordingly.

However, my overall policy is to not touch screen. If the monitor needs to be adjusted I use the edges or back as necessary. Rarely eat while working and that goes a long way with respect to keeping work area, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. clean.
to be quiet honest, my sreen was just dusty, instead of just blowing it off a little it would be just fine, it wasnt really much but my * didnt think and tried to remove the dust w a dry paper towel (tbh i didnt even know we can use liquid for the screen) , i done **** [Mod edit - no profanity please. Family friendly forum here.] up at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS