[SOLVED] Cleaning

Feb 26, 2023
I saw someone on YouTube using alcohol on que tips to clean a dirty motherboard and other components. I am wondering if that is safe to do? I want to rebuild one of my systems and there is a lot of dust on the motherboard that won't come off with canned air. I was going to try the alcohol method but I don't want to destroy the board.

Solution
I saw someone on YouTube using alcohol on que tips to clean a dirty motherboard and other components. I am wondering if that is safe to do? I want to rebuild one of my systems and there is a lot of dust on the motherboard that won't come off with canned air. I was going to try the alcohol method but I don't want to destroy the board.

Hey there,

It's called Isopropyl. It's the recommended way to clean such things. It dissolves in the air after just a few seconds.

The ISO is 99.9% alcohol.

The Iso would mainly be used to clean CPU/GPU die. But can clean other parts of a PC too.

This is safe to do.

Hey there,

It's called Isopropyl. It's the recommended way to clean such things. It dissolves in the air after just a few seconds.

The ISO is 99.9% alcohol.

The Iso would mainly be used to clean CPU/GPU die. But can clean other parts of a PC too.

This is safe to do.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS