[SOLVED] Cleared CMOS

Aug 15, 2019
So I recently built my first pc and it wont let me boot into the bios, so everything i read told me to clear the CMOS with a jumper cap
so i did & i'v gotten a post screen that says
"Devices changed (CPU or Memory) or CMOS have been cleared. Please enter setup to configure your system.
Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.
_ "

i just want to know what i should do next as i don't want to mess anything up! any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You can just Press F2 which will set the BIOS to the default values.
Or you can press F1 to enter the BIOS and then change any settings you want to change.
Since you sound inexperienced with changing BIOS settings, I recommend that you press F2.

Reactions: LomHP
Aug 15, 2019
Nope, after rebooting it went back to what it was doing originally and loading strait to the OS, should i try re-clearing the CMOS and see if it brings my back to that screen?

Aug 15, 2019
yeah, nothing happens and than windows starts up, my motherboard is a msi b450 Tomahawk, and the little LED light over the BOOT spot is lit which means somethings wrong with the boot option i'm assuming.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Check your motherboard manual to see exactly what that LED means.
I would also check the MSI support forums and see if anyone else with your motherboard, CPU and BIOS version are having similar issues.
They may have a solution specific to your motherboard, CPU and BIOS version.

Reactions: LomHP
Aug 15, 2019
I have a amd ryzen 5 2600x, lol actually to follow up aswell i ordered a new motherboard an it came today and guess what i'm having the same exact issue where it boots up fine but it wont let me into the damn bios.... i'm so ready to give up lmao but i feel like its an easy fix i just am not knowledgeable enough to figure it out