clearing bios physically

Dec 20, 2018
So this is my problem:
I have a Tablet, model LATECH DLCJ-007
I randomly enabled every disabled option in BIOS (reason doesnt matter), after that I restarted my tablet but It didn't turn on. I think I might have set BIOS up in an incorrect state.
Since I can't get to BIOS again (It doesn't turn on) my plan is clear it physically.
I have watched some YouTube tutorials in order to remove CMOS battery, it's known you can clear BIOS by doing this.
Now here comes the real deal: I can't find where CMOS battery is on this motherboard, It has so many tiny components.
Can you guys help me?
Pictures:
http://

Solution

If the device is charging , that could be a good sign. It shows that at least part of the hardware is working.

I could not find a manual for that device...when I searched.

Most tablets (and phones) lack CMOS batteries, since they use power from the the main battery.
Try unplugging the main battery and leave it out for several minutes.
While the battery is disconnected press and hold the power button to drain capacitors.
Some tablets come with a reset button, similar to those found in routers. Does you table has one?

Dec 20, 2018

Yeah it has one, I pressed it but nothing happens.
Is unplugging main battery for several minutes the equivalent task for removing CMOS within a tablet? Im trying your advice :)

Make sure to press the reset button for 10 seconds, with the battery and power connected.

Yes, but some of the capacitors may retain a charge for a long time to keep data from been deleted.
Sometimes it might take hours and even days for them to discharge.
Pressing the power button and holding it pressed, while the battery and power are disconnected helps to discharge them faster.

Also there could be a chance that the unit data got corrupted and that case resetting it won't help.

Dec 20, 2018

If unit data were corrupted, what can I do?
I really dont know what I did, I went to BIOS and started to enable stuff randomly.

Anyway, what would it be the solution if so?

Dec 20, 2018

1. The only sign of life It has is the blue glowing LED activated when charging.

2. I have a mini-manual but it only contains very basic stuff, like where the buttons are, where to plug earphones and HDMI, adjust volume, that kind of things. It also contains a sort of introduction to Windows 10, I mean, Windows Desktop, apps, how to power, shut down, sleep and restart the device.
As you can see nothing about BIOS nor hardware.

3. The manufacturer is "Latech", the model is "DLCJ-007". I haven't called the manufacturer because I really thought this problem was easy to fix. I try to clear BIOS, if it doesn't work, I'll be needing professional help.

Btw, what did you mean by "corrupted BIOS"? If that were the case, how can I solve it?

If the device is charging , that could be a good sign. It shows that at least part of the hardware is working.

I could not find a manual for that device...when I searched.

There is no info about that company or that device anywhere.

The BIOS firmware could get corrupted when changes are made and not saved correctly.
It could be solved if the manufacturer provides a way to restore it.
Manufacturers develop utilities to allow users to restore devices when facing this type of issue.

Solution
Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, tablet's hardware is working, I did nothing but changing the BIOS, and I dont think those changes would affect drastically at a hardware level.

I cut the battery's wires off from the motherboard (negative one and positive one), I guess that is the way to drain battery, what do you think? How much time do I have to leave it this way?

On the contrary, the BIOS settings are very close connected to how hardware function and it can stop a device from working.

That was drastic! There wasn't any other way to disconnected the battery from the motherboard.
It could take minutes or days to discharge... It depends on how long the capacitors can hold a charge.
Pressing the power button will drain them faster.