Question Clearing Bluetooth Cache or History

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Right then,

months ago I purchased the Creative Soundbar V2 for my shop. It's connected via Bluetooth as I have it high up on the wall. Not long after I set it up, roughly once every ten days, the sound would start to 'clip'. Aye, the wee pause in music or videos. My solution was to remove it from the PC (within Bluetooth settings), unplug everything (involved a ladder to reach it!) and reboot and plug every back up. That would solve the matter, temporarily.

I finally discovered how to reach Creative support. First was to update the firmware. Then I was instructed to clear the Bluetooth by pressing the Bluetooth button. Well, that did FA. It's grown worse. Now the clipping is everyday.

I read online about clearing the Bluetooth cache or history, but can't find where this is in Win11. Is this something akin to radio static grease? :LOL::LOL:

Perhaps one of you helpful lot know where this is?

Cheers!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 11 information.

= = = =

How far away is the Creative Soundbar V2?

Are you using the BT-W3 dongle?

If so try using a known working USB extension cable to connect the BT-W3 dongle to the host computer. Then use the extension cable to raise the dongle up and about so it will be further away from the host computer and raised a bit to help (hopefully) with transmitting and receiving between the PC and the Creative Soundbar.

And if the host computer is also supporting other USB devices that are not independently powered you may need to use an independently powered USB hub.

With or without the extension cable being involved.

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
The Soundbar is above the PC about 90cm. I don't use a BT-W3 dongle. I have a BT card in the PC. The only USB devices on the PC are the mouse and keyboard and printer.

As far as system info..... I took screen shots from Belarc, but can't seem to upload them. Can you suggest and alternative? Unsure how to do this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
As far as system info..... I took screen shots from Belarc, but can't seem to upload them. Can you suggest and alternative? Unsure how to do this.
this might help

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
@Colif seems I have an imgur account. I haven't used it in a donkey's age and have of course have forgotten my password. Imgur is horrible on 'the forgotten password'. I received a text with a OTP number and it did FA! I requested again and no response.

Is there another means to upload system info?

Cheers!

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Creative contacted me and suggested I connect the soundbar with a USB cable in order to see what happens. Em.... no sound at all! In looking at Win11 controls, seems only with either HDMI or the 3.5mm jack. Does anyone know how to connect via USB? Can't seem to get my head around this one. No sound at all! Bah!