[SOLVED] Clearing up space for c drive but idk how

Supsuo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
So my pc has 6gb left out of 118, i clicked properties and did all the things i know to clear it up, ive only cleared up about 8gb of storage. But heres the thing, im confused on my documents and other stuff, it shows 14.8gb but i checked all the folders, hidden ones (i even created a hidden folder to see if they are revealed, but theres no hidden folder that showed up otehr than the one i created), but i found nothing i estimated all the total files on documents and its only about 245mb. I dont know how to fix this. Theres also the "update for office bla bla bla" but my mind is telling me not to delete that or it will somewhat make office apps unable to function. other than those updates and amd's drivers theres no other huge files. Pls help. and oh yeah btw this is an ssd i have 2 terrabytes of hdd

Solution
So my pc has 6gb left out of 118, i clicked properties and did all the things i know to clear it up, ive only cleared up about 8gb of storage. But heres the thing, im confused on my documents and other stuff, it shows 14.8gb but i checked all the folders, hidden ones (i even created a hidden folder to see if they are revealed, but theres no hidden folder that showed up otehr than the one i created), but i found nothing i estimated all the total files on documents and its only about 245mb. I dont know how to fix this. Theres also the "update for office bla bla bla" but my mind is telling me not to delete that or it will somewhat make office apps unable to function. other than those updates and amd's drivers theres no other huge...

kanewolf

Titan
So my pc has 6gb left out of 118, i clicked properties and did all the things i know to clear it up, ive only cleared up about 8gb of storage. But heres the thing, im confused on my documents and other stuff, it shows 14.8gb but i checked all the folders, hidden ones (i even created a hidden folder to see if they are revealed, but theres no hidden folder that showed up otehr than the one i created), but i found nothing i estimated all the total files on documents and its only about 245mb. I dont know how to fix this. Theres also the "update for office bla bla bla" but my mind is telling me not to delete that or it will somewhat make office apps unable to function. other than those updates and amd's drivers theres no other huge files. Pls help. and oh yeah btw this is an ssd i have 2 terrabytes of hdd
Have you set the restore points to minimum size? That can take up a lot.
Use WinDirStat (run as admin) to see where the space is being used.

Solution
Disk cleanup and don't forget the system files button.

32 GB!

Impressive space reclaimed, indeed! :)

(It's time to crack open that idle collection of $50-60 in quarters and dimes, and finally price out a 500 GB SSD!) :)

Crucial's MX500 or Samsung 870 EVO if your mainboard does not support NVME, 970 EVO Plus if it does!

Supsuo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
32 GB!

Impressive space reclaimed, indeed! :)

(It's time to crack open that idle collection of $50-60 in quarters and dimes, and finally price out a 500 GB SSD!) :)

Crucial's MX500 or Samsung 870 EVO if your mainboard does not support NVME, 970 EVO Plus if it does!
My mother board is b450m gaming plus i dont know where the nvme slot is