[SOLVED] clevo p150em help

Aug 20, 2019
hello guys so i use a 90w power supply for this laptop but it seems that its charging this super slow 8-10 hours im assuming that the battery needs a 180w charger could anyone find me a manual or tell me if this is the confirmation of this thank u .

Solution
Not a laptop i know of, but going off the spec sheet I'm seeing:
View: https://imgur.com/a/Uf7cTXb

Yes it does need 180W.

You'll also want to clarify these when getting a new charger as I have posted in another thread:
  • The voltage must match. You have a 19V and a 19.5 - which is not ideal, but probably OK. It's a small difference, but sometime small differences can have bigger impacts on the lifespan of the laptop, for testing purposes, I'd be tempted to say you're fine.
  • Input voltage is usually a item to look at but nowadays it's hard to go wrong.
  • The amperage (the maximum it can supply) must be the same or MORE than your laptop requires. So if you're original is 6.15A, and the new...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not a laptop i know of, but going off the spec sheet I'm seeing:
View: https://imgur.com/a/Uf7cTXb

Yes it does need 180W.

You'll also want to clarify these when getting a new charger as I have posted in another thread:
  • The voltage must match. You have a 19V and a 19.5 - which is not ideal, but probably OK. It's a small difference, but sometime small differences can have bigger impacts on the lifespan of the laptop, for testing purposes, I'd be tempted to say you're fine.
  • Input voltage is usually a item to look at but nowadays it's hard to go wrong.
  • The amperage (the maximum it can supply) must be the same or MORE than your laptop requires. So if you're original is 6.15A, and the new one is 6.42A then fine.
  • The polarity is what catches people out, you should make sure the polarity of the new charger matches the laptop, otherwise you risk damage or shortening the lifespan of the laptop/battery.
So you'll want to check the polarity matches too:
adaptor-polarity-600x165.png

So at the crooks of it,
  • Voltage should match, or worst case be as close as possible.
  • Polarity must be the same
  • Amperage must be the same or greater than required.

Solution