[SOLVED] Clicking buttons on the keyboard opens random stuff like search, notification etc

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016
This problem only happens when i play GTA 5, seems like windows thinks im clicking the windows key even though im not. I tried everything i found online but none would work. Clicking w would bring up whiteboard settings, clicking s would bring up search some other button would bring up the notifications, it isn't the keyboard's fault since it has happened 3 times and all 3 times i was playing GTA 5 while it happened. Even if i tried right now to replicate the issue i probably can't. The first 2 times that happened i just clicked buttons randomly and it got fixed but the 3rd time (which happened like 2 minutes after the 2nd time) i restarted my computer. Please help

Solution
Make and model keyboard?

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Have you set up or otherwise been using any custom keyboard configurations with respect to playing GTA5?

Anything that uses keys near the WIN key; e.g., A, Z, Shift, Alt, CTRL?

Sometimes it does not take much of a touch or a vibration to make a keyboard react as if any given key has been pressed.

Try another known working keyboard when you play GTA5.

Try your current keyboard on another known working computer. Especially if you can also play GTA5 on that computer.

Determine if the problem stays with your current computer or follows the keyboard.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model keyboard?

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website?

Have you set up or otherwise been using any custom keyboard configurations with respect to playing GTA5?

Anything that uses keys near the WIN key; e.g., A, Z, Shift, Alt, CTRL?

Sometimes it does not take much of a touch or a vibration to make a keyboard react as if any given key has been pressed.

Try another known working keyboard when you play GTA5.

Try your current keyboard on another known working computer. Especially if you can also play GTA5 on that computer.

Determine if the problem stays with your current computer or follows the keyboard.

Solution