[SOLVED] Clicking noise in my pc?

May 1, 2020
I occasionally hear clicking noises in my pc. They are by no means loud and not really that frequent, I hear like 2-3 clicks after many hours of use. I have done a SMART test to test my hdd but apparently it is still pretty healthy. I did have a problem with my psu short circuiting (I dont know what caused it but that psu used to click far more regularly). The previous psu was a corsair 550w 80+ gold certified semi modular psu. The new psu I have is the fractal design ion+ 760w fully modular psu.

Solution
My first thought would be HDD.

My second thought would be a fan with something in it, like a cable, or a bearing going bad. This is hard to tell if it isn't always doing it.

Take your side panel off and let computer run where you can easily access and hear. It should be easier to pinpoint.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My first thought would be HDD.

My second thought would be a fan with something in it, like a cable, or a bearing going bad. This is hard to tell if it isn't always doing it.

Take your side panel off and let computer run where you can easily access and hear. It should be easier to pinpoint.

Solution
May 1, 2020
This is what happened when my original psu died. My pc wasn't being used, the psu and outlet were switched on but the pc wasnt in use. I heard a bang and saw a flash, found some burn marks in the dust filter and some burn marks on the psu fan. Got a new psu and things have been working fine since. When I say "every so often" I mean like every couple of hours maybe. Might be the bearing on one of the fans going bad as it is a pretty old case fan, cooler master jet flo 120. I dont think the psu failing broke anything else because as previously stated, the pc wasnt being used