Question Clicks in audio

hifinoob

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Hello,

I keep hearing clicks and pops in the audio. I assume it's from the turning on of electrical equipment since I can hear it when I turn on something as well.
PSU is Seasonic S12II 620 SS-620GB and a 480W UPS.

How can they be eliminated?

Thank you.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
This could mean an issue with wiring inside the house/office/building like a floating ground or it might be caused by the actual wiring inside the speakers/amplifier if you hear them from speakers (wires are not properly shielded or those that should not be are too close to each other).

If there's no pops when you're using for example a headset/headphones it's probably caused by the wiring inside the amplifier/speaker.

Getting news speakers/amplifiers might get rid of them or using an online UPS but those are going a bit too far I think. Sometimes clamping a 'ferrite choke' on the power cable that goes into the speaker can help make the pop softer or eliminate it, not very likely to work but it won't hurt to try.

hifinoob

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
This could mean an issue with wiring inside the house/office/building like a floating ground or it might be caused by the actual wiring inside the speakers/amplifier if you hear them from speakers (wires are not properly shielded or those that should not be are too close to each other).

If there's no pops when you're using for example a headset/headphones it's probably caused by the wiring inside the amplifier/speaker.

Getting news speakers/amplifiers might get rid of them or using an online UPS but those are going a bit too far I think. Sometimes clamping a 'ferrite choke' on the power cable that goes into the speaker can help make the pop softer or eliminate it, not very likely to work but it won't hurt to try.

Don't use speaksers, just headphones. Sound card (xonar) to analog out.
Apartment.

It happens whenever I turn the light on, or an electrical appliance (the ac) on, but not only, so must be the neighbors as well.
Will an USB amp dac solve this?

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Is this through headphones? Speakers? Try different audio output sources and then maybe try another location in your home, could be the in-home wiring. A UPS could potentially solve this as well if its power surges from circuits being turned on/off.

hifinoob

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Is this through headphones? Speakers? Try different audio output sources and then maybe try another location in your home, could be the in-home wiring. A UPS could potentially solve this as well if its power surges from circuits being turned on/off.

Headphones. Tried 2 other sockets.
I already have a 480W UPS: https://www.njoy.ro/UPS/septu800#specificatii
I don't have any audio output sources, just a PC.

hifinoob

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
Tried an USB MP3 player while connected via the charging cable, which connected to the USB charger, then socket.. Clicks were there.
Instead of connecting to the USB charger, which goes directly in the power outlet, I connected it to one of the USB's on the PC. Same clicking sounds.
EU location, so 220V (50Hz?).

Not sure if an Amp/Dac, USB powered or not, will solve this issue.

Any ideas?