Cloak and Dagger Value? (Possibly FS)

Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
sell it yet. Some pics here:

http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816

Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
to install a marquee bracket).

Any idea what something like this is worth?

Thanks,
Anthony

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

since it's not dedicated, I would say $300-500
depending on the buyer. especially these days.
dedicated version an would say $600-800

Troy,

Anthony Pietrak <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message
> Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
> Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
> interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
> sell it yet. Some pics here:
>
> http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816
>
> Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
> to install a marquee bracket).
>
> Any idea what something like this is worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Hi Anthony,

If you get a chance at a non-ebay sale, take it. I've tracked this game and
it doesn't sell well on ebay at all. I don't recall a sale over $350, and
I've seen a couple with all art working and fully working go for under $200
(one was like $125 or something like that).

It's actually a pretty fun game. All I can figure is it is rare enough the
most people never played it, hence, no great demand for it. I know Quantum
is in the same boat (most people never played it), but it's got the
reputation, so people will go for that one even if they never played it.

Joe

"Anthony Pietrak" <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message
> Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
> Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
> interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
> sell it yet. Some pics here:
>
> http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816
>
> Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
> to install a marquee bracket).
>
> Any idea what something like this is worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Anthony

Never take into account an auction price. I have owned 2 and sold one for
$550 and one for $800 within the past 2 years. I currently have a nos kit
ill be applying soon to an old Joust cab.

jon/evil e
http://www.arcade-classics.com

FYI, if anyone wants to sell their dedicated Cloak & Dagger for $800, I'll
take everyone you and anyone else has.

Joe

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> since it's not dedicated, I would say $300-500
> depending on the buyer. especially these days.
> dedicated version an would say $600-800
>
> Troy,
>

> Anthony Pietrak <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message
>> Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
>> Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
>> interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
>> sell it yet. Some pics here:
>>
>> http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816
>>
>> Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
>> to install a marquee bracket).
>>
>> Any idea what something like this is worth?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anthony

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I wish I knew everyone was interested in one.
I could have picked one up locally last year for that.
personally I'm not much interested in the game.
game play in lagging to say the least.
so I let it go by, thought that was way to much $ for it, IMO.
but I have received a few inquires about it.
I think I can locate the guy who has it, not sure if he would want to sell.

Troy,

Joe Magiera <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> FYI, if anyone wants to sell their dedicated Cloak & Dagger for $800, I'll
> take everyone you and anyone else has.
>
> Joe
>
> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> > since it's not dedicated, I would say $300-500
> > depending on the buyer. especially these days.
> > dedicated version an would say $600-800
> >
> > Troy,
> >

> > Anthony Pietrak <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message
> >> Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
> >> Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
> >> interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
> >> sell it yet. Some pics here:
> >>
> >> http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816
> >>
> >> Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
> >> to install a marquee bracket).
> >>
> >> Any idea what something like this is worth?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Anthony

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

To me, just because a game or version of a game is RARE.
it does not make it valuable, IMO.
it has to be RARE and FUN to make it a highly desirable/ valuable game, IMO.

just an example,
A game like major havoc is FUN to play, and a dedicated version is RARE.
so it is highly value,and a conversion version still goes for a lot.
that tells you something is fun, rare = $ valuable, IMO.

Troy,

Anthony Pietrak <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message
> Have a pretty nice Cloak and Dagger in a Defender cabinet (w/Cloak and
> Dagger sideart), thinking about selling it, have a couple guys
> interested, just not sure what these things and fetch and if I want to
> sell it yet. Some pics here:
>
> http://www.quarterarcade.com/game.aspx/4816
>
> Game is fully working, new monitor glass, new marquee glass (just need
> to install a marquee bracket).
>
> Any idea what something like this is worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Hi Troy,

Even if you could just get pictures of it, I'd sure like to see it (and buy
it!).

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net

>I wish I knew everyone was interested in one.
> I could have picked one up locally last year for that.
> personally I'm not much interested in the game.
> game play in lagging to say the least.
> so I let it go by, thought that was way to much $ for it, IMO.
> but I have received a few inquires about it.
> I think I can locate the guy who has it, not sure if he would want to
> sell.
>
> Troy,
>
> Joe Magiera <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> FYI, if anyone wants to sell their dedicated Cloak & Dagger for $800,
>> I'll
>> take everyone you and anyone else has.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
>> > since it's not dedicated, I would say $300-500
>> > depending on the buyer. especially these days.
>> > dedicated version an would say $600-800
>> >
>> > Troy,
>> >
>> > Anthony Pietrak <anthony@quarterarcade.com> wrote in message

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

one of op friends sold it, I'll see if he still has the guys info.
he usually delivers them for free, so he might still have the guys address
and phone#.
it kind of looks like a millipede or crystal castle cabinet.
I'm surprised there's so much interest in it.
have you ever played the game?
I didn't think much of it.

> Hi Troy,
>
> Even if you could just get pictures of it, I'd sure like to see it (and
buy
> it!).
>
> Joe
> joemagiera@ameritech.net
>
> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> >I wish I knew everyone was interested in one.
> > I could have picked one up locally last year for that.
> > personally I'm not much interested in the game.
> > game play in lagging to say the least.
> > so I let it go by, thought that was way to much $ for it, IMO.
> > but I have received a few inquires about it.
> > I think I can locate the guy who has it, not sure if he would want to
> > sell.
> >
> > Troy,
> >
> > Joe Magiera <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> >> FYI, if anyone wants to sell their dedicated Cloak & Dagger for $800,
> >> I'll
> >> take everyone you and anyone else has.
> >>
> >> Joe
> >>
> >> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Joe,
The KLOV shows the dedicated cab for Cloak and Dagger. Here it is:
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=C&game_id=7353
I have a PCB laying around for Cloak and Dagger if anyone is interested. It
is untested though. LMK!

Brian

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Hi Troy,
>
> Even if you could just get pictures of it, I'd sure like to see it (and
> buy it!).
>
> Joe
> joemagiera@ameritech.net
>
> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
>>I wish I knew everyone was interested in one.
>> I could have picked one up locally last year for that.
>> personally I'm not much interested in the game.
>> game play in lagging to say the least.
>> so I let it go by, thought that was way to much $ for it, IMO.
>> but I have received a few inquires about it.
>> I think I can locate the guy who has it, not sure if he would want to
>> sell.
>>
>> Troy,
>>
>> Joe Magiera <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>> FYI, if anyone wants to sell their dedicated Cloak & Dagger for $800,
>>> I'll
>>> take everyone you and anyone else has.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in...

I picked up a C&D (Joust conversion) in O.K. shape for about $225 about 3
months ago. No sideart (sides painted black), faded marquee, decent control
panel (some browning), and the graphics were a bit screwy.

I replaced a few 4116 RAM chips which fixed the screwy graphics, capped the
monitor, and replaced the joystick grommets. Game works fine now with a
nice clear picture and good controls. I would love to replace the faded
marquee eventually, and I still need to rebuild the power supply (I have a
kit at the ready).

It's actually a pretty fun and challenging game despite its rudimentary
graphics...

Jon