i got ryzen 5600x on the stock cooler for now
the temp on idle 60 to 80C when gaming 85C idk why but my clock always high
is there a way to set it to 3.7 only

Solution
Hello

Your 5600x has a boost clock of up to 4.6Ghz where there is a boost frequency on a couple of cores.
You can go into your Bios and disable boost for an ALL Core Overclock.

The wraith stealth cooler is only good for base clock frequency and would not cope with even a small Overclock. For that you would need an AIO water cooler of H100i or higher if it will fit in your case.

An idle temp of 60-80C is totally unacceptable for Longevity and don't rely on having your system to throttle due to Overheating.
You can try to disable PBO...

Additionally, perhaps adopt a higher fan speed at a lower temp in fan cooling profile in BIOS settings

Is Ryzen Balanced power plan selected in WIndows?

(and/or, adopt higher quality settings to shift more of load to GPU?)

85C is not great, but, it is not going to harm anything; if temps get any higher, it should lower clocks automatically)

Hello

Your 5600x has a boost clock of up to 4.6Ghz where there is a boost frequency on a couple of cores.

The wraith stealth cooler is only good for base clock frequency and would not cope with even a small Overclock. For that you would need an AIO water cooler of H100i or higher if it will fit in your case.

An idle temp of 60-80C is totally unacceptable for Longevity and don't rely on having your system to throttle due to Overheating.

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 28, 2021
You can try to disable PBO...

Additionally, perhaps adopt a higher fan speed at a lower temp in fan cooling profile in BIOS settings

Is Ryzen Balanced power plan selected in WIndows?

(and/or, adopt higher quality settings to shift more of load to GPU?)

85C is not great, but, it is not going to harm anything; if temps get any higher, it should lower clocks automatically)
YES its set to balanced when i set it to save power the temp dropped from 85 to 60

Jul 28, 2021

i will try that
thx