clock appearance on taskbar

JerryT

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

I have a computer running Windows XP Pro that the user made to show the clock
with the day and date. The taskbar is now double wide(thick)on the bottom.
I am trying to put it back to normal but have not been able to. I unlocked
taskbar and clicked restore defaults/ But itis still there. I know I made a
system put the day and date on before, but I cannot find how to do that either
Thanks

Unlock the taskbar. Position the cursor at the top of the taskbar so that
the double arrows are showing. Drag the taskbar down until it is a single
row and lock the taskbar.

"JerryT" wrote:

> I have a computer running Windows XP Pro that the user made to show the clock
> with the day and date. The taskbar is now double wide(thick)on the bottom.
> I am trying to put it back to normal but have not been able to. I unlocked
> taskbar and clicked restore defaults/ But itis still there. I know I made a
> system put the day and date on before, but I cannot find how to do that either
> Thanks

JerryT

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

Thanks, I tried that before but to be certain, I went and looked again and
found another point to consider that made the difference. Wile the taskbar
is enlarged, there is a set of dotted lines enclosing the quick launch icons.
I had to "break them apart" before it would let me drag the top of the task
bar down. Thanks