• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Clock keeps resetting

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Hi

Had a problem for a couple of weeks now.
I have windows XP Pro and my Mobo is an ASUS M2N-E-SLI which is less than a year old.
A few weeks ago after playing a game i had to do a cmos jumper change to get my PC to reboot.

Ever since then every few reboots i notice the time is wrong.
I go into the bios and can see the dates changed to either Dec 31st 2006 or Jan 1st 2007.
I have to manually change this'but again the process will start again a few days later.

Also occasionally i am getting checksum error-defaults loaded.
I know the jumpers on the correct cmos pins and don't really understand why this happens occasionally and not every reboot if there is a problem?

Any ideas?

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
it's most definitely a CMOS battery issue. like o1ldie said, just take out the battery, and goto the store and get a matching one....problem solved....

slockton

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
Hello,

I had a similar issue with an Asus P5Q Pro - i.e., that a six-month old motherboard kept on losing it's time and BIOS settings (it also wouldn't come out of sleep mode properly). I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem. However, six months later the issue has resurfaced. This seems to be a larger problem at hand; surely it's not normal to have to replace a motherboard's battery every half a year?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
S