Clone a harddrive

bauch1234

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2015
i have a one tb hdd that im wanting to clone to an 4 tb reflect isn't partitioning the drive right it leaves like 3 tbs free and i cant use disk mgr to merge them any suggestions i am on a legacy bios but was told that it should work with out going to uefi with my mobo

System Specs:
mobo ga-970a-ds3p
gpu evga geforce 960 ftw 4gb
cpu fx-8320e@ 4.0

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The "edit" option is kind of obscurely located. When you get the screen that has the source and destination drive on it, there should be an option to edit right above the destination drive if it is bigger than the source dive. I'm going from memory... I just did a clone between HDDs 3 days ago with it and used it to extend the partition myself.

I can't help you with the 3 hours. If you are cloning a large partition between mechanical drives, it will take awhile. Sometimes the estimate isn't always correct, tho.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Huh? It didn't work? You couldn't slide the partition to make it the full length of the drive's graph bar? My version allows that with UEFI and legacy drives both.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I've cloned at least a dozen HDDs/SSDs with that program and never ran into that. Any chance of posting a screenshot of that so I can see what it looks like for you?
Btw, you are cloning a smaller drive to a larger drive as you stated, right? And you have a UEFI motherboard that allows you to use the full 4TB, right?

TRENDING THREADS