Clone Bitlocked Win 7 Work HDD to SSD Externally, is it possible?

jacob_123

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
We received Lenovo's SOC Thinkpad E460's at work, almost unusable. The SOC Dual Core I7 (oxymoron?) has no effect on speed. I've attempted clone with Acronis 2014, and it booted,but had some issues with bsod's and some prog's crashing. (may or may not be due to the clone-i can't tell as i have so many freezes,bsod's etc with the HDD it came with)

I.T. is limited to 1 person in our building now,(who has 1/100th my hardware experience) he isnt willing to re-image to ssd because he doesn't want to set any precedents, i.e "then i'd have to do it for everyone" -understandable with 400 people in the building.

Is it possible to clone this bitlocker HDD to SSD identically?
Will upgrading this 12800 DDR3L CS11 low power Ram make this pc faster?

Bios doesn't have any security features enabled so i can remove the hdd no probs.
I have the $$ for pretty much any cloning software.

Specs:
Lenovo E460 20ET-0013US HERE
Windows 7 pro x64
Seagate ST500LM000 500GB 5400 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Laptop Thin SSHD
Core i7-6500U (2C, 2.5 / 3.1GHz, 4MB)
DDR3L 8GBx1 CS11 (also being used for integrated gpu)
14" FHD (1920x1080) IPS

Update 10/12/2016
I cloned my work hdd to ssd(Acronis 2017 iso/usb), installed it and it booted. It required the disk to self test twice for (like a chkdsk/f but without me asking) errors, and in windows it asked to restart because of newly installed hardware, but other than that, it is now running smooth as butter and much faster. How in the end would i know if this was a completely successful clone to where IT wouldn't notice?

popatim

Titan
There's only 1 guy, he's too busy to notice. LoL
In reality he wont (its a clone) unless they monitor for hardware changes also which isn't something normally watched for as its probably the most commonly replaced component in a laptop.