[SOLVED] clone data

rezash85

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Hello
I have a wd passport. it does not recognize in disk management Windows but recognize in device manager. In Linux, the root folder opens but is slow and the files do not open and can not be copied. when i attach it to TV, video files can be played. I tried many folders, no problem. The last time hdd Sentinel detected hard drive , it found 4 weak sectors and showed a pending sector in the smart section. That's why it's so slow. With Acronis, I also tried to copy files via boot, but the error did not allow access to the files. I wanted to see if there is any software that can do recovery or cloning in a boot environment without any problems. From the same examples that do not have a graphical environment. It is shown a lot on YouTube, but I did not see its name.
Now I just want to transfer the data by transfer method and I do not care about the hard drive.

2- wd my passport is 500 giga byte. I have a partion on my computer with about 900 gigabyte free space. how can i use clonezilla to clone my passport to that partion? does cloning couse delete my data on the destination partion that has 100 giga byte data?

Solution
thank you for reply. i install ddrescue i have some data on tha wd hard drive. if i use this software, will be safe my current data on destination partion?
I would never try to "recover" data into a different drive or partition that has data I wish to retain.
Never.

rezash85

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Cloning into that 900gb partition will wipe out whatever is already in it.

Cloning does not "fix" a dying drive to make it readable.
Possibly ddrescue will read, and ignore the bad spots.

But, this is specifically what backups are for. Your data should never be subject to a single drive dying.
thank you for reply. i install ddrescue i have some data on tha wd hard drive. if i use this software, will be safe my current data on destination partion?

HDDSuperClone is a better tool than ddrescue in this situation. It incorporates a "WD slow responding fix" for earlier Passport models. HDDSuperClone also has an intelligent head skipping algorithm which avoids a bad head until the very end.

Plus it runs from a Live CD.

Reactions: rezash85

rezash85

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
HDDSuperClone is a better tool than ddrescue in this situation. It incorporates a "WD slow responding fix" for earlier Passport models. HDDSuperClone also has an intelligent head skipping algorithm which avoids a bad head until the very end.

Plus it runs from a Live CD.
can u put Its download link here?

Last edited: