Question "Clone Failed- Unable to Match Partition..."

dahermit

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Windows 10, Macrium Reflect Free cloning program, using a Sabrent USB dock.

When attempting to clone my wife's HD, the Macrium program aborted and displayed this message: "Clone Failed-Unable to Match Partition - Drive 1. Start Sector..."

I have run CHKDSK /R on her drive and a couple of other disk fix it processes with no errors indicated.
The only thing I can think of is that the partitions on the destination drive are not being over-written as I am assuming they should be.

I have used the destination HD for cloning on my other computers, so it is used.
00-2TVObsA_RjFZ1FzVZsfiy1e7Bpf7wJ44XV0TxD8xI-eCzUB1X1Cn2IwOf7XCnHYF4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

What do I need to do here? Delete all the partitions on the destination and/or reformat it?

School me on this issue please.

The picture I am posting is of what displays on the screen before I start the cloning process.

dahermit

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Not sure if it would help, but wiping the destination couldn't hurt.

Imaging with Macrium is another possibility, rather than cloning. Sometimes one works when the other doesn't.
Yes, I have considered wiping the drive, but wanted input about it first.
As for Clone vs. Imaging, I want to stick with cloning so that if/when her drive fails (it is old), I can just pull the cover from her machine and put the clone (bootable) in and be back in business.