[SOLVED] Clone hdd to ssd without computer

Techmak

Prominent
Apr 15, 2021
Hi, I have 1Tb sata (2.5") data only hdd (non windows) , that I want to clone to a 1Tb nvme m.2 internal ssd drive. How can I do it without a computer ? I have looked online for a docking station to suit, but it appears there is no such unit for direct cloning. Source hdd - Target ssd with cloning software. I have thought of buying 2 different stations / units and somehow linking the 2 together via cable and hoping for the best.
Then I can install the cloned ssd into the expansion slot in a new laptop. I have windows etc on a smaller ssd.
Thanks in advance.
M.

1 issue you will run into is most docking stations only have Sata data and power plugs in them, so you would have to find a M.2 to sata converter and then plug it in.

Since its only data i would plug the M.2 into your laptop then ether buy a single drive docking station or a external enclosure for the HDD and plug it in USB. Then ether copy and past the data from drive to drive or download Free File Sync and have it move everything from HDD to M.2.

Techmak

Prominent
Apr 15, 2021
Thankyou all for your kind suggestions. I am borrowing a laptop that has a sata hdd slot and I will purchase a nvme m.2 adaptor with power plug and copy and paste same.
Grateful thanks again...

TRENDING THREADS